I love year 11... (1 Viewer)

Guernica

HSC
I really do :) I love being able to say "Meh.. year 11 doesn't matter"

It's my favourite line :)

Is anyone else enjoying this bliss? I have been having problems though because everyone is taking it so seriously, and noone will have fun with me :(

wanton-wonton

HSC
No, Year 11 blowed. Year 12 rules. Wait till you get to year 12, you'll have the time of your life...like ... me right now...doing....bloody...King Lear....fucking.....dick...face.

Guernica

HSC
:( I'm still going good..ish. I just want to take the chance to have fun before next year which is gonna suck.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
Enjoy year 11 while you can!!!
Seriosuly, you don't need much of your year 11 work (except for maths) in year 12! You only need the basic stuff!
As long as you are actually learning and doing at least some of the work, you're all good for year 12! Don't stress. That was my motto and it worked just fine.

baby G

HSC
shiiit
im so scared now... im only in year 11 and ts freaking me out so much im contemplating leaving i just cant hack it :(
And if this is just a breeze compared to year 12 !?!?

Mumma

HSC
Year 11 is a breeze compared to the real world, i would imagine. toughen up, year 11 is a piece of cake. i really went into this year expecting my balls to explode from the pressure, but im doing fine.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
you would be stupid not to take year 11 seriously.
your HSC results do not consist of only ONE year of effort in high school.
if you don't want to struggle next year, quit bludging.

lislabella

sunshine
HSC
"meh.. year 11 doesn't really matter"
Thats a pretty silly thing to say - all year 12 is based on year 11 knowledge and you'd go straight from doing nothing in y11 to having to give a shit in y12 because EVERYTHING is assessable. You'll notice a big difference between term three and term four. Get your finger out and start to give a damn during term three so it isn't too hard for you during year 12!!!!!

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
trust me, yr 11 does matter
otherwise why would they make you do it??
everything you learn in yr 11 will be in your actuall hsc exam
i had the same attitude last year
but now im wishing id actually done work and listened.
becasue now im officially screwed
p.s ~ do not pick up history extension

HSC
suger_plum said:
p.s ~ do not pick up history extension
Oh really... damn... I was going to. I've had a bunch of people telling me it's hard, and everyone else saying it's a cinch and easy marks. So I don't know if I should do hist ext or ext jap.

Well that's OT. IMO Yr 11 does matter in terms of preparing you for Yr 12. But the Yr 12's tell us Yr 11's nothing compared to what you're in for next year. So I work, but I try not to make it the be all end all of life. It's nice to say "it's only yr 11" when you get 55% on a 3 unit maths exam... but hey... I was one of many.

Guernica

HSC
Haha yep. It's not like I'm not working. Everyone kind of took what I said the wrong way... I'm still working and going good in my assessments. But a lot of people I know are fully peaking right now, and they're gonna burn out before exams next year without a doubt.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
WEll

i made a vow to myself. I'm going to treat term 3 as year 12. Cause if I don't, well, i'm pretty much screwed.

:uhhuh:

lol

btw, sweetsweetcandy, 56% on maths 3U test... that's what i got... blargh.... i better shapw up; at least i got 87% on my 2U test... which surprisingly gives me a ranking of 2nd !!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yr 11 is heaps fun. mess around while u can BUT pay attention in maths :p

Jimmy Pax

HSC
yeah, Yr 11 is alot of fun. I know that the work you do in year 11 helps in year 12, and thats why i'm at least doing that. I'm going surprisingly ok, considering I haven't made up a study plan yet, and i currently average 5 minutes a night, if that. >_>

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
have fun after year 12. you'll have shitloads of time

yr 11 i believe is just as important as yr 12, its in yr11 that u learn good/bad study techniques, exam methods and other shit like that which will carry through to year 12.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
OR you can completely screw up yr 11, get a mighty shock at the end of the yr, pull your sock up and kick ass in yr 12 :p

Disclaimer: i do not recommend the above :p

suger_plum

Banned
In Heads Racing Car Bed!!! You Know You Want Me!!!
HSC
sweetsweetcandy said:
Oh really... damn... I was going to. I've had a bunch of people telling me it's hard, and everyone else saying it's a cinch and easy marks. So I don't know if I should do hist ext or ext jap.

history extension is hard work, if you dont have the time. im doing all 5 units of history this year and i have no time to eat, sleep................... breathe.
but extension anything is hard. alot of my ffriends tell me hist is harder than ext eng! so make the decisison by urself, as to whether you want to sleep and have a social life next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)