• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I need experienced advice please!!!! (1 Viewer)

moniqueaziz

HSC
Uni Grad
I have the age old question on my mind and no matter how many threads I look at it seems to make me more confused!
I am very interested in doing Marketing as a major, however I am stuck between UTS B Business and MAQ B Commerce.
Distance is not an issue, I am confused as to which one would be a better degree for marketing.
I was always keen on UTS, however I have heard that the Business faculty at Macquarie is one of the best.
So please anyone who has experience in either of those uni's or departments PLEASE HELP ME!

M

MichelleV

Which one is eaiser for you to get to?
If you can decide based on anything else, then pick the one where you cut down on travel :p

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I go to Macquarie and I like it. Good campus, good social life, excellent business faculty. I'd definitely recommend it.

Up to individual preference though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
TBH neither university is particularly remarkable for marketing- and I can't think of any which are.

Your better bet would be to try to get into some kind of marketing scholarship/co-op program/etc which helps guarantee you relevant work placements in marketing roles e.g. UNSW Marketing co-op. The places are quite limited and no doubt it is competitive, but that's probably what I would focus on if I were interested in marketing. Failing that, I'd make sure I was very active in societies, and did everything I could to get relevant work experience. Marketing is discretionary spending for most companies so it's not an easy task in an economic downturn to convince them they need to pay $50k for a grad, let alone give you professional development.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)