• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I need help for my future course in 2006! (1 Viewer)

Rockchic

College Kid
HSC
Okay Guys here's the deal,

When i get out of school which is really close now, my dream is to be an actor and go do an acting course in Sydney but theres one problem, my parents aren't convinced it is right for me and im rather annoyed at that. I really want to do it and i've told them that its my life but their not convinced and i'm at my witts end of what to do to convince then before i have to look at enrolling for 2006 from june onwards. i need help in convincing them and i also need more information about the profession. but im not a total idiot i have done my research but i need to know more to throw at my parents. its been a dream of mine since i was little and i've come this far on a prayer that maybe my parents will support me... they haven't so i need to give them reason to support me. i really need help with this and i really don't know what to do!!!! i know exactly where i want to go and done the research but i need help...

Me.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Just go for it. If you like doing it you'll enjoy it. And if u enjoy it most likely u'll b good at it. Better choose it now otherwise u'll gonna say later "Why on earth did i choose this - its so boring i soooo wanna quit" Just remember its YOUR future not your parents

Rockchic

College Kid
HSC
thats what i told them... that its my life and that im gonna be missing out if i don't try now but my mum is adament that i might not make it in the industry and that its really not gonna happen and im so pissed off and hurt that she can't bring herself to say ill let you try and i will support you even if you make mistakes... im really at a loss..

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You could possibly study a double degree in acting and something else (like teaching) if your parents are really adament about it.

But you should follow your passions.... that's what being young is all about!

Rockchic

College Kid
HSC
i was thinking of Nida... and im so looking forward to it but its really hard.. if i do this then im gonna be doing it alone... but thanks guys for your imput i really need help with this and the double sounds good but im so confused with this whole after school thing its a bit overwhelming but i know what i want to do and i know what i need to do but its gonna be hard for me when im not really supported...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
hmmm...well it sounds like your parents are just worried for you because they want you to do well in life, etc, but you cant let them steer you away from what you want to do. Just do it. apply for NIDA or WAAPA or anywhere else you want to go and just go for it. good luck :)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
heya darl, i read in New idea today and you might like to consider starting as an extra

you might need to find an agency first: www.pgsagency.com.au

it requires a lot of work and a lot of waiting to be cast in work. good luck!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)