• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I need help with Emma and clueless (quite urgent) (1 Viewer)

song

HSC
Hey guys i really need help with my English essay. Im writing about marriage in Emma and establishing that marriage for women is based on financial purposes etc. But i need examples and quotes to back it up. Can anybody contribute? Any help is appreciated!

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
page 77-78 emma's speech on marriage, clueless: Cher's voice over about "high school boys" talk about social status and pride, i.e. "Popular boys date popular girls" & always remember... CONTEXT + TECHNIQUES = VALUES/THEMES :D:D:D GOODLUCK ^^

Cheezy-G

Marriage is essential for a women in terms of financial Security as well as social success. Austen Has incorporated several marriages in her novel to demonstrate the idea of a good Marriage. ie both partners should be on the same social level like Harriet and Robert Martin or even Emma and Mr Knightley. Both partners should also have a mutual understanding between them. This is what Austen is commenting on. As for quotes well, I haven't got my book with me right now, but there is one where Mr Knightley says how Mr Martin and Harriet are a good match but I can't remember the exact quote

Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)