I NEED HELp WITH SECTION 2 (1 Viewer)

danelle

Hi,
Im trying to get prepared for the HSC paper and I know that the first section is writing about genre (well for me anyway) concentrating on my set texts (c/fic). But I don't get what is goin for the second section, we have really only had stories ("writting in the genre) in our exams, but a practice HSC paper off the net was way out there... how do you prepare for this??? you can't exactly prep a story in your head to adapt to the question when they can be so outthere

nwatts

HSC
Just know as much as you can about the genre (its conventions, etc.) and about your set texts as you can.

HSC
N/A
Other than that, do as many practice questions as you can find/make up. You can't "prepare" a creative writing piece, but you can certainly practice your creative writing ability.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Section 2 is the most variable question; especially for genre. Questions range from assessing texts in terms of conventions to gaguing an audience's interest in a particular genre due to an element to even explore how the portrayal of women is carried through texts.

Just gather as many questions as you can, write a paragraph to answer them and you should be fine...provided you know your texts VERY well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)