• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I Need Help! (1 Viewer)

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
How hard is it to actually FAIL something... you see Im doign a degree.. and AQF degree at college and we just had holidays and we gotta go back 2morrow and get all our results...

I'm really scared I failed 2 of my subjects.. I mean I always put 100% in to my work and it was always handed in on time. BUT! I screwed up one of my speeches and the teacher of one of those subjects doesnt like me too much. The second one I dont think I went into as much depth and detail as the othere students in the class... I was at a disadvantage though I switched classes cos I wasnt learnign off that teacher sand she was later fired cos a lot of us complained... Im so scared I failed them.

So that brings me to these 2 questions-
1) How hard IS it to fail
2) what happens if I fail? Do I not get my degree?

Plz help

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
How hard is it to actually FAIL something... you see Im doign a degree.. and AQF degree at college and we just had holidays and we gotta go back 2morrow and get all our results...

I'm really scared I failed 2 of my subjects.. I mean I always put 100% in to my work and it was always handed in on time. BUT! I screwed up one of my speeches and the teacher of one of those subjects doesnt like me too much. The second one I dont think I went into as much depth and detail as the othere students in the class... I was at a disadvantage though I switched classes cos I wasnt learnign off that teacher sand she was later fired cos a lot of us complained... Im so scared I failed them.

So that brings me to these 2 questions-
1) How hard IS it to fail
2) what happens if I fail? Do I not get my degree?

Plz help

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
if you fail you gotta do the course again... you can pass with flying colours next time... but you gotta pay for it again.. and the fail does go on your academic transcript

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
I replied to this thread but my post has disappeared... was it inappropriate or did I not post it properly?

doe

HSC
N/A
different thread?

failing is ok, its good to fail once or twice and then so you know how much it sucks. keeps you motivated to do well later on :D

if you've put in a genuine effort throughout the semester (which it sounds like it has) you should be ok. i failed a few subjects because i was lazy and did no work. even really hard subjects, i didnt do very well in the assignments or the exams but it was a genuine attempt and i think it showed so the lecturers passed me, hehe.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
if it's a maths orientated subject ... eg actuarials...

if you don't put in the work consistently throughout the year... you'll fail... just like how i'm going to fail acst .....

however if the subject is textbook oriented eg business economics or marketing...
or if the subject is ilecture oriented (eg u can go back and listen to lectures) you can do a whole semester's worth of work in 5 days.... (although this method is painful it works and is quite possible)

With uni... it's not hard to fail but it's not easy to pass either

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Yeah. Especially in Architecture.

Edit: I've failed my first semester. AND I DON'T CARE!

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
I was just telling my friend on thursday that it would be a pretty hard thing to fail a subject, to do that little work in a subject where your mind is probably telling you to do much more the whole time.

roger321

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
With uni... it's not hard to fail but it's not easy to pass either
does that mean exactly the same thing or is it just me? that like tripped me up for a few minutes... o_0 *brain dead*

anyway it depends on which test/assessment you stuffed up, if it was a major one then you obviously might be a bit stuffed. If it wasnt as long as you do okay in the finals you should get a decent mark. Thats whats cramming is for!

Last edited:

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Nah, I decided I didn't care when it became obvious I was failing (design) no matter how much effort I put in.

So I'm gonna go do the only part of my degree I like at TAFE. why not?

(Architectural drafting)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
Josie said:
Nah, I decided I didn't care when it became obvious I was failing (design) no matter how much effort I put in.

So I'm gonna go do the only part of my degree I like at TAFE. why not?

(Architectural drafting)
sounds good, but stay enrolled in uni so i can take on your identity and do architecture :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)