I Need Notes (1 Viewer)

ImNuMbErOnE

Hi GUys
I'm streesing cos I have absolutely nothing in the way of notes for society and culture. I know what your thinking you have a week and 1 day till the exam your leaving it a bit late well your rite but im not willing to give up yet. I was just wondering if there was anyone willing to share some notes, i have nothing to give back so there would be no reward or anything it would be just a nice friendly gesture that i would greatly appriciate. The topics I am doing are [cont and change, pop culture-rock and roll, and belief systems]. Please help people i'm screwed!!!!!!

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
dude you're "doing nothing for either"? it pisses me off that you're entirely willing to get on here and ask for notes but that you give no indication of your going out and finding any of your own.

my teacher taught me fuck all so i got my own. what about your textbook? have you looked at it? because the majority of what you need is in there. there's also a whole bunch of stuff in the excel book.

try the maquarie university hsc section for society and culture, it has a lot of basic (and good) info + source material; it also links you up to other sources, i believe. and you know, there's always the search funtion on google. type keywords, press 'search'. yeah? yeah.

young_gurl

seriously if ur teacher is bad u shuld make the effort to learn by urself!...that way at least u can undertsand it urself...
how did u go in the trials? im sure that gave u an idea of what to study! Everyone thinks S&C is an easy topic but it really depends on how u can handle it and whether u can understand the concepts and apply them to the topics..so i guess its kinda hard for u to learn it now...without the teacher..My teachers been great ...
im working from the syllabus from dot points as long as u have the syllabus u wont be shocked ...why dunt u dl it off the board site...if not im happy to send u them myself

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by gloria*

try the maquarie university hsc section for society and culture, it has a lot of basic (and good) info + source material; it also links you up to other sources, i believe.
Where is this? I couyldn't find the section with Society and Culture stuff in it. Could you please post a direct link for me. Thanks

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
yeah i know. it is useless to us, but for someone who claims to have "nothing" it is a good start i think

swangal

Originally posted by gloria*

my teacher taught me fuck all so i got my own. what about your textbook? have you looked at it? because the majority of what you need is in there. there's also a whole bunch of stuff in the excel book.

here here. there seems to be trend of having wierdo crap teachers for society and culture... the textbook n syllabus is all i can rely on now 4 the exam...
Good luck 4 friday everyone!

miss_pie

HSC
what's the black text book? my teacher thinks the textbook is a piece of shit so we have some crappy green one :(

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by miss_pie
what's the black text book? my teacher thinks the textbook is a piece of shit so we have some crappy green one :(
The Black text book is not a piece of crap. It is the most up-to-date and the most useful text book you can have.
It is called 'Society & Culture' by Bernie Howitt and Robin Julian.

The green one you are using is the older version.

In addition, the 'Excel' series has two Study Guides.
The one i think your teacher referring to as 'a piece of shit' is the newer version.
The older version (purple and white in colour) is also a great help.

miss_pie

HSC
u sound all defensive... sorry to put it matter-of-factly, thats just what she told us, the year 12's still hadnt returned the newer textbook by the end of this year so maybe its the black book were getting next year.
my teacher has this theory that u cant teach out of a textbook coz it uses different case studies and stuff but i got the excel and i like it for reference.
the school issued one isnt an excel.. its by 'Lovat, follers, Parnell, hill & Allard'

Last edited:

deviant

we're doing jap as my case studie at school, so we're useing some old S&C 3unit text book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)