• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

i need some help! (1 Viewer)

staunchdonkey

i have this re assignment on the influence of Christianity in Australian society on education and social welfare.
And ive been searching everywhere and i cant find n e sites on the net...i was wondering if n e of u out there can do me a favour and help me look up some info...i will b very grateful

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by staunchdonkey
i have this re assignment on the influence of Christianity in Australian society on education and social welfare.
And ive been searching everywhere and i cant find n e sites on the net...i was wondering if n e of u out there can do me a favour and help me look up some info...i will b very grateful
basiclly religion has given us separate schools e.g. catholic and church provide welfare

alby

cool duckie
HSC
did u hear about that skool strike about the toilets...i rememba it from rel earlier this yr..
what happened was in the 70's (i tink) there was this 1 skool (golburn), n apparently they didnt have enought loos in the boys toilet block (cuz of lack of funding)...so the parents got 2 gether & decided to take all the kids outta the skool & enroll em 2 public skools....the public system couldnt cope, so the govt. ended up re-openin the skool n giving all cath skools more funding
so yea, thats 1 way they've influenced education
also the whole thing about heaps of the rural skools being catholic...they brought edu (& christianity) to lots of rural towns - (missionary kinda ppl..eg. mary mackillop & the josephites, etc.) set up a church & a skool in lotsa locations to try & educate the whole of the country

the many joys of havin 2 do rel lolz

Last edited:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
*sigh*
Why not post this in the SOR forum? Or even look there? (bloody newbies!!!! LOL j/jk)

try this thread
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23538 for starters
(there are others if you go past the first page........... this is why we need a resources section in SOR- not that Im complaining:) )

for the state education stuff, look up "state aid", "state funding" "goulbourn strikes", "government science laboratory funding" on google.com.au (click on australia only to ensure its an australian search or add "+australia")
Welfare is a little more specific but there is a thread in the OSR forum about this as well.........

try macquarie and to a lesser degree excel

Thanks for the prop's Sportsgal!! (yay me!!!!! :) )

Last edited:

staunchdonkey

i need some help! -2

im referring to the 1901-present period for the influence of Christianity in Australian society on education and social welfare

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Re: Re: i need some help!

Originally posted by *girl04*
basiclly religion has given us separate schools e.g. catholic and church provide welfare
Umm, its a little more than this..........
lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)