• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

I need some very basic infor on English (1 Viewer)

Kaltenbacher

Hentai Addict
HSC
G'day all,

I finished my HSC is 2006 and English was one of my best subjects, with a particular interest in "we all fall down", "billy elliot", "cosi", and "journy to the interior". Because of this my friends who are doing the about to do the HSC in 2009 are asking me to help them study.

Being the school holidays, I can't simply ring the school and ask them what I need to know; and to top it all off, my friends are away on holidays, left their work at home, and can't remember what texts they're studying -.-'

Well, that's the background story. Basically what I want to know is what it is my friends are going to do in the HSC. More specific questions below:

In Area of Study, they are studying the concept of "Belonging" through the text Billy Elliot.
To draw parralells to the points they make about Billy Elliot, they will have to choose one of the texts from the Stimulus Booklet, and two ORT's of their choice. Is this correct?
Where can I find the texts that are given to HSC students in the Stimulus Booklet?

In the Modules exam:
How many modules are there? 3?
What are the topics of each module? for example, I know my friends are doing the Henry Lawson stories for the "Distinctly Visual" module.
What are the prescribed texts for each module?
Do my mates need ORT's for each module? If so, how many do they need for each?
They're also studying Cosi for one of their modules. Do you know which module they'd be studying it for?
They said that they DON'T need any ORT's for their Cosi module. Is this correct?

I'm very fond of Robert Cormier's "We All Fall Down", but as it has been a prescribed text in past HSC exams (and maybe still is? I'm not sure...) Would it be advisable to advisable to avoid using this book as an ORT?

Can you use the same ORT more than once, but for different modules and/or exam papers?

Above, I mentioned that my friends are studying Belonging for their AoS. What is the aim of "Belonging"; and what is it that the curriculum expects students to know about "Belonging" at the end of the course?

Thanks guys, I know I'm asking really basic questions here, but if I'm going to help these guys out, I need to know what they want from me.

Cheers,
-K

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)