I need urgent advice. (3 Viewers)

v.tex

HSC
I am probably a major idiot for doing this, but these holidays I have so far spent 31 hours trying to catch up on all the chemistry content that my school has learnt.

Let me explain:

In term 2 of this year, I kind of had a crisis and realised I should of done chemistry as I tbh really like it and am decently good at it. It also would serve me great after school for my studies as I am considering studying something in that area.

At the start of term 2 I kept switching my mind on whether I should change (mainly due to me thinking of catching up)- lol If I knew how much work it really was I definitely switched then and there.
After ages of seriously contemplating my choice I finally came to a decision that I wanted to switch to Chemistry from my Earth and Environmental class around mid- end of term 2.
The thing is my teacher didn't let me switch..
Tbh this made me pretty depressed and the thought never really left my mind.
So, I decided I would set up a plan for the holidays where I do 5 hours a day for 2 weeks on Chemistry to get 70 hours of work caught up on.
The thing is, this plan failed pretty miserably.
After different events, my schedule crumbled, meaning I only have managed to do 31 hours so far.
At this rate I am questioning what I am seriously doing. Is all this hard work even worth
it?
Chemistry has taken most my time, although I have generally done most of my work for all my other subjects that mainly needed to be done for the holidays. Occasionally I wonder if I am an idiot for doing this, all those hours spent on this dumb catchup could of been spent elsewhere, enjoying myself, and getting ahead in my other subjects.
This catchup probably has also had a bit of a negative affect on my mental health, making me stressed and annoyed for why i didn't pick the subject in the first place.

So my main question is- Should I just quit the catchup, is it worth my time doing it.
- Look I know I would enjoy Chemistry a lot, but i don't know if it is worth me doing this. Im gonna have grind to get the work done and the Chemistry assessment is on week 1 Friday so I will also have to grind questions in week 1 of Term 3.

My other question is: Do you guys know if there would be any chance I got drop my Modern class and my teachers would let me self study Chemistry and sit the assessment to see how I go. I have got good marks in Earth (it is pretty easy) and i somewhat enjoy it, so foerfitting this would be a gamble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)