I need $$$$ (1 Viewer)

Abtari

HSC
Hey everybody,

I'm 16 and want to work during the long summer vacation and Christmas holidays.

DOes anyone have any suggestions as to where would be a good place for me?

Thanks

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
apply for anything and everything.. heaps of people (especially year 12s wanting to make money post hsc) are going for jobs so you should be applying early
colesmyer is recruiting heaps of christmas casuals.. as well as a number of other places (try a jobsite like seek or monster then search for 'christmas casual')
but yeh dont jus be applying for one thing.. its always good getting experience with interviews and things even going for jobs that you dont really want

Abtari

HSC
Is it true that casuals are payed more than full-time workers?

And when I was applying online for the Coles Myer thing, it asks for availability. I only wasnt to work in the summer vacation, e.g. Dec and Jan. DO I say full time or part time or casual...?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
do what cro said

abtari - you're applying with the christmas casual form right? that form is hiring for christmas, so in that case mark all of them - full, part and casual.

v sia

HSC
okay now
i was in ur situation kinda , in need of a job $$$ main reason being
my job criteria is mainly

1. Close proximmity to where you live

That was basically it , its your first job , you shouldnt expect too much , but if u live next to a shopping centre and their's like kfc mcdonalds and such , make mcdonalds ur last resort . Remember it doesnt hurt to fill out and hand in an application form

Abtari

HSC
I wouldn't mind working with even food if possible. This is my first time and as V sia said money is my first priority (not that I'm gonna slave for it or anything).

The problem is I am boarding at a school in North Parramatta and the closest shops and retail stores are in Parramatta. So every time I take an interview I will have to take a bus...

Plus we will start Yr 12 on Tuesday and it would be stressful to go to interviews after cramming your head with HSC stuff.....

I don't know what to do?

One question, if I apply at say Coles Myer, how certain am I of getting the job? Does experience count because this is my first time?

v sia

HSC
nope u dont need experience to get into coles , i find it lame catching public transport everytime you want to work , especially that its a low paying part time job and your shift is very short lets say 4 hours or so

Abtari

HSC
I won't need to catch public transport to actually work, just to take interviews and stuff. By Christmas, I will be out of boarding...

4 hours?? Is that all for one shift? I'd like to work at a stretch, say 8 hrs, when I do work so I don't have to go back and forth a hundred times. Can we negotiate timings and schedules with our boss?

Oh, by the way, what's the next step after submitting application for COles Myer jobs?

kylie_robbo

No! If your boss says this is the time that you start and this is the time you finish, you don't argue otherwise you find yourself without a job very quickly, and no job means no money!

You're asking way too much for a first job! Get whatever you can, and be happy with it based on the simple fact that you are earning money - might not be much, but money none the less.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the start of year 12 really won't be that stressful, hopefully. if you really want a job with coles you'll have to do it now and unfortunately you will have to go to interviews during this term.

last year i put an application in early november and it was too late.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Abtari said:
Hey everybody,

Thanks
The Body Shop, selected Australian Geographics, Myer... most large companies are hiring at the moment for Christmas Casual. These are mostly 3 months contract (but usually work finish after Christmas). they are relatively easier to get in too!

Abtari

HSC
DO you think I should start working even before the end of term 4? I don't want work to clash with Study. :confused:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
usually you would have to start work in around november because they dont want a bunch of new people just working when the big rush is on.. you need to get a bit of experience in whatever you do first

neuro_logik

HSC
Abtari said:
Hey everybody,

Thanks
You don't need to work, you can sell your organs on the black market

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
cro_angel said:
apply for anything and everything.. .
YES! apply for anything and if you get any interviews tell them that your available like everyday than after you get the job change your availability times after a few weeks...works like a charm

thats what i did and now i only work about two days a week...im using the hsc as an excuse if they ring me up to do cancelled shifts

Abtari

HSC
neuro_logik said:
You don't need to work, you can sell your organs on the black market

You must have adopted this method yourself to be so sure about its effectiveness. It couldn't have been that you yourself sold your brains to the blackmarket, could it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)