I/O Bus (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Guys you should also know a little bit about your System I/O Buses, i'm worried if they might give it to you's and you'll be sitting there thinking all day, like they did give a ports question last yr:

So here's a little gist off the top of my head

main ones:

ISA
VESA aka V-L
AGP
PCI

ISA - Industry Standard Architecture, run's at 16 Bit 8 Mhz

VESA - Video Electronic Standards Association, not sure about the speed, but it's and extension to ISA, gotta look into it, but ISA's cant fit into VESA slots

AGP - Accelerated Graphics Port, so you can plug a graphics card in, runs at 64 Bit

PCI - Peripheral Component Interconnect- runs at 32 Bit, 33Mhz

I need to research a bit later once i have ill update it

chris42

HSC
Thanks winston, yeah I'm sure they can throw anything at us, would they give us a diagram of a motherboard and ask us to name the bios, cmos etc, do you think ?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by chris42
Thanks winston, yeah I'm sure they can throw anything at us, would they give us a diagram of a motherboard and ask us to name the bios, cmos etc, do you think ?
depends wat it is if its a photograph, possibly, but it would be harsh on some.

chris42

HSC
Yeah, Unfortunetly some of them seem to have low res pictures, which are difficult to make out, what is what.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by chris42
Yeah, Unfortunetly some of them seem to have low res pictures, which are difficult to make out, what is what.
but if its just some basic drawing and they want u to name it

screw that ill go chuck a riot.

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston

VESA - Video Electronic Standards Association, not sure about the speed, but it's and extension to ISA, gotta look into it, but ISA's cant fit into VESA slots

VESA isnt really a slot. Just a standard set for video cards. For example, signaling "sleep mode" to the monitor etc....

and AGP slots run at 66mhz if u want to know.

Winston

HSC
Re: Re: I/O Bus

Originally posted by -X-
VESA isnt really a slot. Just a standard set for video cards. For example, signaling "sleep mode" to the monitor etc....

and AGP slots run at 66mhz if u want to know.
i think the slab of notes on this i have is gay lol

puffkenny

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
Guys you should also know a little bit about your System I/O Buses, i'm worried if they might give it to you's and you'll be sitting there thinking all day, like they did give a ports question last yr:

So here's a little gist off the top of my head

main ones:

ISA
VESA aka V-L
AGP
PCI

ISA - Industry Standard Architecture, run's at 16 Bit 8 Mhz

AGP - Accelerated Graphics Port, so you can plug a graphics card in, runs at 64 Bit

PCI - Peripheral Component Interconnect- runs at 32 Bit, 33Mhz

I need to research a bit later once i have ill update it
um....I think all of the things you have listed are actually expansion slots...besides VESA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)