• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

i really messed up my ranks (1 Viewer)

tehe21

HSC
i was ranked first but have dropped to possibly 3-6. the rank is meant to be representative of your internal ability but it really isnt now. The trial is not at all a reflection of my ability. If i still end up with the top hsc mark how much will it effect me? i think i already know the answer anyway but worth a shot asking here

spiderfan44

HSC
i was ranked first but have dropped to possibly 3-6. the rank is meant to be representative of your internal ability but it really isnt now. The trial is not at all a reflection of my ability. If i still end up with the top hsc mark how much will it effect me? i think i already know the answer anyway but worth a shot asking here
shouldnt effect you too badly. if youre really worried, you can help out your classmates a bit. dropping from 1st to 3rd to 6th during trials does indicate you need to improve though if you want to get that top mark.

Test-king12

HSC
depends on your school rank for the subject, if you go to a good school it shouldnt really matter unless you are going for a SR, if you go to a bad school then its wraps because you cant rely on the people ahead of you to do well

iloveeggs

HSC
your school assessment mark (which is only weighted 50% for your final hsc mark) is derived from your internal rank and raw hsc mark. essentially the person that ranks 1st internally is assigned the highest hsc mark for their school assessment mark only (so it only counts for 50%). and then your hsc mark itself counts for the other 50%

as for how you'll do a lower rank might mean that depending on your own cohort's ability. i reckon you will be fine tho, if you do well in the hsc chances are it will balance out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)