• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I Really Need Help Fast.. (1 Viewer)

bicolap

Hey people, i have an assignment due in a day and i am really stuck on one question. The question asks

How Do recent legal developments affect the significance of the 1992 High Court Decision in Mabo and WIk.

I have no idea what the answer is and i cant find anything.I asked this before and got a lot of websites and notes and even asked my teacher (No help), those help with the other questions but this one, i cant find. Can someone please give me a direct link or File or just an answer which answers the Question.

Thanks in Advanced....

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Look up the "10 point plan" which are Howard's amendments to the way Native Title is handled. If it wasn't 1.30am I'd be more useful :p

bicolap

Thanks, i was wondering would the 10 point plan Answer the question because i think it doesnt answer how recent legal developments affect the significance of the High Court Decision in Mabo and Wik..

Last edited:

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by bicolap

How Do recent legal developments affect the significance of the 1992 High Court Decision in Mabo and WIk.
Number of develoments in the past decade. The bleeding obvious include:

1) Native Title Act 1993 (Cth)

Then there's the 10 point plan Ziff mentioned. Actually, the first plan was rejected, the passed statute is:

2) The Native Title Amendment Act 1998 (Cth) which weakened Indigenous people's rights to claim land. "negotiation" is now replaced with the mere right to "consult".

bicolap

Thanks Ziff and SantSlayer, i finally finished it. But theres 1 last question i find absaloutly nothing on, i mean nothing. Im not even sure what the question is asking, The question is

How is the Native title Tribunal Structured?Why?

What kind of structure are they asking for??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)