i wana do fizix nxt yr, but im dead shit at maths do i hav a chance of 90+? (1 Viewer)

braindead

HSC
is the ability of doing well in fizix inborn??? can i develop a genius 4 the subject? even though my maths marks r beyond pathetic?

ezz

I'd think seriously about wanting to do physics next year if you're not good at maths. They overlap, actually, physics is maths.

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
i wouldn't necessarily say that ezz.. yes, there is a connection between physics and maths, and i dare say that:

physics/2 = maths

but.. that's not the case in the HSC, we are required to write more than calculations.. usually the questions that require you to calculate things are before question 20 (not always ;)).. it really depends on whether you want to put the effort in it or not.. many people know they can't do something and that they want to do it, but the problem is they never work for it

and.. i think you can do it even if you are not so good at maths, of course more maths would help, but i'm sure it's a course for everyone who are capable of understanding the concepts and applicaitions of science, you can pick up on maths (mind you, you get a formula sheet in the HSC)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
The maths in Physics is relatively easy. Simple equations.

The only problem bit is understanding what to do and how to use it which isn't mathematical.

If you understand the concepts you will understand the maths. And as a result you will be able to solve the questions without too much mathematical knowledge besides substituing values and changing the subject of the formula.

Though there is barely any maths questions in the exams anymore.

braindead

HSC
thanx guys, its just that, at my skool i dont get 2 choose my subjects, u can just say no to a choice but not reely choose.
im only doin maths english and sciences nothn else open 4 me

N

ND

Originally posted by mitochondria
physics/2 = maths
Physics has twice as much maths as maths? :p

Seriously, this new syllabus removed all maths from physics. If you can use the plus, minus, multiply and divide buttons (oh and don't forget indices) on your calculator, you can do HSC physics.

kouri

well w t f
HSC
lets say before the new syllabus was out, maths was 99% of physics.

now its more theory based

and yeah, they're simple calculations, Just remember the formulas, know what to use, sub the right thing in, and you're done. :)

and just try really hard :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
seriously physics is more humanities than maths.... just have a look at all the 6-8 markers

Rahul

Dead Member
dont let ur 'un-mathsness' hold you back from doing physics. i would say there was more/harder maths in yr 11, with the elastic/non-elastic collisions and tension.
the hsc course has hardly any maths.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
for the new physics course you need to be able to memorise definitions and write long responses. looking at your fizix post, i doubt youll be able to handle it. but seriously, physics has hardly any maths. i chose it because i wanted to do something maths based and i was ripped off. i hate physics. so make sure you think twice when picking phsyics.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by ND
Physics has twice as much maths as maths? :p

Seriously, this new syllabus removed all maths from physics. If you can use the plus, minus, multiply and divide buttons (oh and don't forget indices) on your calculator, you can do HSC physics.

I think it was supposed to be physics = maths/2

Antisocial

Originally posted by jm1234567890
I think it was supposed to be physics = maths/2
Proves you don't need to be good at maths to do physics. :D Seriously, there's not alot of mathematical questions involved, and the ones that are there are easy to do. The give you a formula sheet, too...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)