I want my second preference! (1 Viewer)

asdf

HSC
I got Comp eng (1st pref) but i want to do B eng (electrical), B science. Looking at the UAI cutoff pdf, theire is no "V" next to the course (V = no late round offers). What are my chances u recon? Oh and my UAI was like 9 pts lower than Comp Eng cuttoff, i thought there was no way i'd get in!

:chainsaw:

oh and thanks to "..." for finding out my offer. :)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh are you SEEEEEEEEEEEEIOUS. so if it doesn't have a V then there will be late round offers?
hmmm
because i was thinking maybe i want my 2nd preference instead too.

sunny

meh.
HSC
A 'V' means there may be vacancies.

I would accept your first offer to be safe, swap your preferences for the late round and turn down your original offer when you know you have an offer in the late round. Someone confirm this can be done?

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
gah stop playing with my mind
i just went and read it, and it said that V indicates there will be late round offers. even when it doesn't have a "V" there may still be late round offers because they won't know until everyone accepts their mainround offer

edit - yeah, i'm pretty sure it can be done. would there be fees for changing your preferences now?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Toodulu
oh are you SEEEEEEEEEEEEIOUS. so if it doesn't have a V then there will be late round offers?
hmmm
because i was thinking maybe i want my 2nd preference instead too.
read the 1st page of the pdf file which show the cut offs. it says there may be vacancies

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
oh for those who are interested... at USYD, you have to pay $577 at enrolment, but if you receive a late/final round offer at another institution then they will refund that.

liz

HSC
Yep accept offer you got now and enrol. Change your prefernces on the net and see if you get a late or final round offer. Don't worry about V next to course as alot of courses still give places in the late and final round even if no V next to it. Though UAIs do tend to go up in higher rounds. If you get an offer in late or final round accept it first and enrol at the uni then go back to the first uni you enrolled in and diss-enrol.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by sunny
A 'V' means there may be vacancies.

I would accept your first offer to be safe, swap your preferences for the late round and turn down your original offer when you know you have an offer in the late round. Someone confirm this can be done?
YES

From USyd Website:

I have received a Main Round offer, can I accept my offer and also change preferences for consideration in the Late Round?

Yes. If you wish to be considered for other courses in the Late Round, UAC would advise you to accept your Main Round offer and also lodge a change of preference for the Late Round. You do not jeopardise your chances of receiving a Late Round offer by accepting your Main Round offer.

You can add courses or shuffle the order of your preferences for the Late Round via the InfoLine until Friday 23 January 2004. You do not need to change your preferences if you want to be considered for preferences higher than your offer. Eg, if you receive a Main Round offer for your 3rd preference, you will automatically be considered for your 1st and 2nd preferences again in the Late Round if those courses still have vacancies.

Do not assume you will receive a Late Round offer. Not all universities make Late Round offers to all courses - it depends on whether there are vacancies after the Main Round. The cut-off for a course in the Late Round could be less than, greater than, or the same as the cut-off in the Main Round.

ShAdow_FaX

HSC
hey i'm not that bright on these things but i found this in uac book...

DO I NEED TO CHANGE MY PREFERENCES BETWEEN OFFER ROUNDS?

No, unless you have changed your mind about what you wish to study. If you receive an offer to your 1st preference in one offer round you will not be considered for your lower preference in subsequent offer rounds unless you change your preferences. If you receive an offer to a lower preference in an offer round you will automatically be considered for your higher preference's in subsequent rounds.

ok i just read that n realized everyone already knows that anyways...but since i took the time to type it im posting it! sorry!

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Dose anyone know the chances of getting a late / final round offer? After gatting my course I dont want it anymore and i'm Just hoping to get into Barts/Bcommerce at UoW at aviod the tonnes of math in Science (computer science) at UNSW.

T

timbk2

the chances all depend on whether or not there are vacancies in that course. and generally if they do. theere wont be many hecs places if any.

"transfer straight away after get into the uni"
you cant transfer straight away, you'd have to wait till either after the first semester... which is in july, or if you cant get it then. the next one is in 1 years time with next year's hsc ppl.

Enrollment at usyd is $577?? shit.. uts is only like 200 and i complain about that every time.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
Dose anyone know the chances of getting a late / final round offer? After gatting my course I dont want it anymore and i'm Just hoping to get into Barts/Bcommerce at UoW at aviod the tonnes of math in Science (computer science) at UNSW.
I wouldn't let one year's worth of maths put you off.

Computer Science's minimum amount of maths is 3 subjects worth - Math 1A, math 1B, and discrete maths. Rewards come by third year - all COMP subjects.

asdf

HSC
Do they still consider you EAS for late rounds?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)