• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

idk what to do?? (1 Viewer)

hungreypotter

HSC
everything i learnt for trials i have already forgotten and idk what to do because i have lost all motivation to relearn everything because im slow at memorising stuffđź’€
everytime i try to sit down and study i just can never focus lol. ive done nothing much since trials have ended bc of this....
whats the best way to relearn everything quickly???? bc theres like 3 weeks till the hsc and im stressed

Bob99

temporarylol hater
HSC
take a day off (1 free day wont hurt too much)
relax, play games
Do past papers with a group of friends (start a discord call and then mark the paper together). doing this with friends really reduces the stress as you can get help instantly when you do it with a group of people
i was in your exact position last year.

tgone

HSC
everything i learnt for trials i have already forgotten and idk what to do because i have lost all motivation to relearn everything because im slow at memorising stuffđź’€
everytime i try to sit down and study i just can never focus lol. ive done nothing much since trials have ended bc of this....
whats the best way to relearn everything quickly???? bc theres like 3 weeks till the hsc and im stressed
i think i have a longass post on this and how to study from a while ago, but i was in a similar situation (didn't study for the full month and a bit after trials because of a lack of motivation) and you'll find you remember more than you realise-- you have plenty of time (i think i started properly studying again maybe a week before my hsc - and remember that theres actually quite a lot of time between the first and last hsc exams), just get into a rhythm and most importantly romanticise studying, make it a fun outing to a library or reward yourself with something every time you tick something off your to do list (and defs make to do lists)

as for memorisation i found the best way is just to highlight different parts of the sentence, walk around the block and try read it to yourself over and over again until you don't need the paper, first just sentence by sentence and eventually after writing it out a bunch of times it'll come back-- as i said, you have plenty of time for all of that!

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
i think i have a longass post on this and how to study from a while ago, but i was in a similar situation (didn't study for the full month and a bit after trials because of a lack of motivation) and you'll find you remember more than you realise-- you have plenty of time (i think i started properly studying again maybe a week before my hsc - and remember that theres actually quite a lot of time between the first and last hsc exams), just get into a rhythm and most importantly romanticise studying, make it a fun outing to a library or reward yourself with something every time you tick something off your to do list (and defs make to do lists)

as for memorisation i found the best way is just to highlight different parts of the sentence, walk around the block and try read it to yourself over and over again until you don't need the paper, first just sentence by sentence and eventually after writing it out a bunch of times it'll come back-- as i said, you have plenty of time for all of that!
@tgone how tf did you do so well in everything 🤩 inspiration material right there

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
Just keep up minimum momentum, if you do 20 min of each subject each day you should be able to pull of similar performance in the hsc without burning out too much. Remember you will get a break from all this when the exams are done. Even if you take a break for a week or so, you’ll still be able to do ok in you exams even if you can’t remember too much from the trials. The key to success in the hsc is persistence, keeping up some momentum even when things are not great. So just keep yourself going as much as you can and you’ll be fine.

tgone

HSC
@tgone how tf did you do so well in everything 🤩 inspiration material right there
enjoyed phys/chem a lot so went into a lot of out of syllabus depth for the content which made the hsc content much less intimidating even tho i didn’t actually spend a lot of time on it, am generally decent at maths so didn’t really need to study for it, and managed to figure out how to write pretentiously for modern and english by year 12
(wasn’t especially good at this before year 11, i just read scholarly articles on my texts and took inspiration for the type of vocabulary and fluid argument structure they use)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)