• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

if i did poorly in previous assessments and i do well in trials, is there any chance of achieving a 80+ atar? (1 Viewer)

rya24

HSC
for context: i do legal studies, business studies, japanese continuers, standard maths and standard english. i am currently ranked:
legal 14/16
business 8/38
japanese continuers unsure but averaging around 80% for exams
english std 28/98
maths std 46/77
my previous assessment marks for year 11/12 have all been within the B/C range. if i study hard and smash out trials, would there be a chance of me being able to achieve an atar of at least 75-85 as currently my atar prediction is 51 LOL ;((((

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you know your school rank? This is relevant because your ranks could be interpreted differently depending on whether you are part of an academically capable cohort. Of course, general comments regarding your current position can still be made. Your position in Business Studies and (potentially) Japanese Continuers appears to be consistent with your ATAR goal, meaning that maintaining it will hopefully increase your chances of achieving an ATAR in your desired range.

Your position in English Standard and Mathematics Standard are slightly less favourable and could make it more difficult for you to achieve your ATAR goal. It would therefore be a good idea to allocate more time towards your preparations for these subjects, allowing you to improve your performance in both.

Legal Studies appears to be your lowest-performing subject and the fact that it will definitely count towards your ATAR means that it is important that you do your utmost to improve so as to perform at a standard that is more consistent with the ATAR range that you specified.

Overall, I believe that you still have a chance of achieving an ATAR between 75 and 85, provided that you perform favourably in your trial exams across your subjects, and extend that standard of performance to your HSC exams. Keep in mind that your HSC exams are worth 50% of your overall HSC marks, making them a great opportunity for you to make a comeback.

I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)