If you want to get 80+ UAI and s (1 Viewer)

T

trolloutaface

do what I did:

-get a tutor for every single subject (I'm sorry if you're poor, tough luck)
-steal notes off BoS and put it in your own words so that you understand it better.
-do all your fucking homework! teachers don't give you H.W for no reason.
-you need to be ranked 1-5 for each subject.
-go through past exam papers. also, the syllabus is your best friend.

/awesome advice.

gtfo's out of the HSC forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Pretty good advice, but
trolloutaface said:
-get a tutor for every single subject
I like my money. I'm not going to follow this advice, even if it means having a (much) lower UAI.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
There were a couple of people in my year who were complete morons in year 11 then all of a sudden in year 12 they were geniuses because they had 300 tutors that did all their assessments for them.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
im sure markers have marked literally hundreds of papers and it wont be difficult to pick out some plaigarism

some guy directly copied as much as possible from one of the past hsc responses in english and used it as his own and our english head teacher who marked the hsc found it and gave him minimal marks

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
There were a couple of people in my year who were complete morons in year 11 then all of a sudden in year 12 they were geniuses because they had 300 tutors that did all their assessments for them.
There's one of those guys in my year. He's a complete idiot except that he knows how to "fake" intelligence (getting answers of others,etc). The fact that this guy gets first in nearly every subject is testament to the fact that he gets tutors to do his assignments for him.

This is why i consider the HSC to be a complete joke.

FridayEvening

HSC
S1M0 said:
There's one of those guys in my year. He's a complete idiot except that he knows how to "fake" intelligence (getting answers of others,etc). The fact that this guy gets first in nearly every subject is testament to the fact that he gets tutors to do his assignments for him.

This is why i consider the HSC to be a complete joke.
If it's any consolation, his tutors won't exactly be able to lean over his shoulder and help him during the actual HSC exams.

G

gaoOO

trolloutaface said:
-get a tutor for every single subject (I'm sorry if you're poor, tough luck)
-steal notes off BoS and put it in your own words so that you understand it better.
-do all your fucking homework! teachers don't give you H.W for no reason.
-you need to be ranked 1-5 for each subject.
-go through past exam papers. also, the syllabus is your best friend.

/awesome advice.

gtfo's out of the HSC forums.
sorry, i have to disagree with most of your advice.

1) i have never been tutoring/coaching and i don't think it's a necessity to go even if you're aiming for a UAI of 100. For some people, it helps, but it's not necessary and i think it's a waste of money for those that pay $75 an hour for 4-5 subjects.

2) Make your own notes, do not steal notes of BoS. They are helpful for clarifying areas you need help with, or last minute cramming, but it's still better to make your own notes.

3) Doing your hw is a good idea. I'm too lazy though.

4) You don't need to be ranked 1-5 in each subject. Students at schools like James Ruse can have average rankings for all their subjects and still end up with 99.xx UAIs

5) I think this is good advice.

HSC
So even if you have a rank of 8 in a low scaleing subject like business, can you still get a UAI of 80

N

noir.

love.is.around said:
So even if you have a rank of 8 in a low scaleing subject like business, can you still get a UAI of 80
...Business Studies isn't that bad with scaling, compared to heaps of other subjects.

AND YES YOU CAN.
There's an emphasis placed on being ranked within the top 5 because most assume that you would be aiming for a band 6. you only need to get a few band 5s and the rest band 4s to get in the 80s [assuming you do "low scaling" subjects.]

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
noir. said:
...Business Studies isn't that bad with scaling, compared to heaps of other subjects.

AND YES YOU CAN.
There's an emphasis placed on being ranked within the top 5 because most assume that you would be aiming for a band 6. you only need to get a few band 5s and the rest band 4s to get in the 80s [assuming you do "low scaling" subjects.]
you can get 80+ uai with band 4s???? :confused: AMAYSING!!!! :eek:

N

noir.

Depending on the subject you do really. The "higher" the scaling, the more likely. But it'd be a low 80. With the "lower" scaling subjects, you'd need a min. of 2 band 5s, and mid to high band 4s. But again, it depends on what subjects you're doing.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
noir. said:
Depending on the subject you do really. The "higher" the scaling, the more likely. But it'd be a low 80. With the "lower" scaling subjects, you'd need a min. of 2 band 5s, and mid to high band 4s. But again, it depends on what subjects you're doing.
oh, ok.... but suddenly i don't feel so lousy anymore. :eek:

HSC
ssejamafone said:
you can get 80+ uai with band 4s???? :confused: AMAYSING!!!! :eek:
i got 81 uai with all band 4's except for one band 5. but then i did pretty good scaling subjects.

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
i got 81 uai with all band 4's except for one band 5. but then i did pretty good scaling subjects.
wow.... maybe i shouldn't have dropped physics then, eh?

Ademir

HSC
Psht, tutors.

Waste of money. There's nothing they'll give you that you can't get by working harder by yourself. If you really need clarity then ask your teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)