• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

if your from a different religion or belief system how do you.... (1 Viewer)

outwide

HSC
how do you feel that Australia has accepted those beliefs, are they overlooked, has anyone been criticised for their beliefs, are you givven the same oppurtuiniteis?

HOW DO YOU FEEL?

sly fly

HSC
Australians are generally very tolerant people, however, my beliefs aren't usually overlooked by random people on the street.....but they're overlooked, to a large extent, by people who actually know me. I guess because I am a visible Muslim (ie. I wear the headscarf and Islamic dress) and Islam is a controversial issue atm.

Sometimes I'm criticised for my beliefs (usually on this forum lol). Though, I have had a few occasions with randoms on the street/shopping centre etc going psycho at me or swearing at me but that's very rare. I'm given death stares quite often though lol.

We're given alot of the same opportunities, though sometimes we aren't (eg: when going for a job, covert racism is usually there)

I feel great, my religion is what makes me happy and what makes me the person I am today (not that I'm a perfect person or a perfect Muslim, but if I've achieved anything it's thanks to Islam). But yeah, I feel good and most Australians are very tolerant people which is great.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)