I'll tell you what's retarted (1 Viewer)

K

khorne

it's cause getting 80 in those subjects is much much easier than getting 80 in something like my subjects. Therefore it all works out fine =]

darkcounty

thas unaustralian... hic
HSC
The people who do your subjects are retarted.

Schoey93

HSC
The people who do your subjects are retarted.
Retarded*

People who are retarded do life skills courses or leave school and get a job. His courses are fine, be nice. Geography is quite difficult. It's considered a science at universities, similar to Geology, perhaps.

Last edited:

Schoey93

HSC
Khorne, if you think about it, it's actually easier to get high marks in high scaling subjects, because the aligning is fantastic. Students on BoS, e.g. James King, have published raw marks they attained from legal intimidation and in physics, a raw mark of 70 aligns to 89-90.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
1) Parents and teachers always say to you when you pick your years 11 and 12 subjects:
"Do the subjects you will enjoy!"
2) According to SAM, if i get 80s in all my subjects, my MAXIMUM ATAR possible is 73. That's not right...
3) Why is tjhat?!?!?!?!

P.S. i am no longer doing SDD!
lol, you're the retard m8

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
That's cause your subjects scale shit.
+1

Geography is quite difficult. It's considered a science at universities, similar to Geology, perhaps.
My awesome year 9 science teacher said that geography is for people who can't do real science. According to my SC results, i am inclined to agree with him XD

Khorne, if you think about it, it's actually easier to get high marks in high scaling subjects, because the aligning is fantastic. Students on BoS, e.g. James King, have published raw marks they attained from legal intimidation and in physics, a raw mark of 70 aligns to 89-90.
Yes, but the aligning is only fantastic because it's still hard for the "smart" kids to to get good marks in exams for high scaling subjects.

Schoey93

HSC
+1

My awesome year 9 science teacher said that geography is for people who can't do real science.
According to my SC results, i am inclined to agree with him XD

Yes, but the aligning is only fantastic because it's still hard for the "smart" kids to to get good marks in exams for high scaling subjects.
That's quite unfair of him. Geography isn't a veggie subject. The senior science course is for people who can't do real science. And the other science courses are for people like me who are slow at maths.

HSC sciences don't look too difficult. Biology should be a breeze for me next year and for the HSC. I don't think that the fantastic aligning and scaling is justified, but I'm not going to complain about it too much.

Imagine how bad all our ATARs would be if they just took the average of our raw marks!

Last edited:

typo

HSC
if you're doing what you enjoy
you should be willing to do it
hence doing it well
so you shouldn't be getting 80's

swathard

HSC
That's quite unfair of him. Geography isn't a veggie subject. The senior science course is for people who can't do real science. And the other science courses are for people like me who are slow at maths.

HSC sciences don't look too difficult. Biology should be a breeze for me next year and for the HSC. I don't think that the fantastic aligning and scaling is justified, but I don't I'm not going to complain about it too much.

Imagine how bad all our ATARs would be if they just took the average of our raw marks!
Haha, no, it actually wouldnt have any impact. Because essentially, the ATAR is a rank, and therefore people will still get 99.95 (the people with the top average raw marks, going by what you said above). So really, the HSC marks would just be worse, but in reality, ATARs would still be up at the same range etc, since each year very similar numbers of people get certain ATARs. =]

Schoey93

HSC
Okay, cool. I think that's the way to go then. I can see no other purpose for high marks for mediocre marks except for giving students something to boast about on their resumes (which just makes them look pretentious).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)