• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Illness / Misadventure - Close family member passed away (1 Viewer)

testing1

HSC
I just found out as of today that my uncle just passed away from a heart attack. He had been sick for a bit and I was hoping it was getting better, this news has literally just completely devastated me. My first HSC exam for english is only two days from now.

Would there be any possibility to be eligible for Illness / Misadventure due to this (assuming I am still sitting the exam), but the process where in the off-chance that this event affects me in the exam causing to score extraordinarily lower than expected that I would keep my internal moderated mark or vice versa.

Also what supporting documentation / evidence would be needed also because the death didn't occur in Australia it was overseas.

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
I just found out as of today that my uncle just passed away from a heart attack. He had been sick for a bit and I was hoping it was getting better, this news has literally just completely devastated me. My first HSC exam for english is only two days from now.

Would there be any possibility to be eligible for Illness / Misadventure due to this (assuming I am still sitting the exam), but the process where in the off-chance that this event affects me in the exam causing to score extraordinarily lower than expected that I would keep my internal moderated mark or vice versa.

Also what supporting documentation / evidence would be needed also because the death didn't occur in Australia it was overseas.
Sorry to hear that. You will probably need his death certificate and apply to support to nesa with ur school I would assume

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC

this happened to my friends sister, their uncle passed away during the hsc period but she couldnt submit a death certificate coz it wasnt in english, and then while she tried to get it done it was too late to submit anything

so yeah what @ilovecutecats said

randomuser246

HSC
I’m in a similar situation as a cousin passed away recently but it was around 3 weeks ago so would I still be eligible

e8zks

HSC

Sorry for your loss, try to have all the evidence such as death certificate, and if you could get a hand written letter perhaps from a family member, or if u r seeing one, a psychologist, or therapist, or your gp, just saying how this deeply affected you and how you wouldn't be performing to the best of your ability.
Try to get it as soon as possible.
Again, Sorry for your loss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)