im confused (1 Viewer)

iloveeggs

HSC
usually i'm not one to talk about my feelings like this because i hate getting pity or being labelled emo but i need to tell someone even if you guys are strangers so here goes.

this year i have just been feeling numb, extremely sad and completely smooth brained at the same time. i have been through a lot previously and i have been able to get soldier through it but somehow i cant seem to get out of this cycle and its been 5 months. i am constantly stressed and anxious and can't sleep properly or form logical thoughts or enjoy anything. i am not in danger at all (if yk what i mean) but im just tired. i can't get through anything in my day without being exhausted and don't have the motivation to do anything. ive checked for other medical conditions to see if the tiredness is smth else but it isn't.

my parents work very hard for me and im in a very good place in life compared to where i was a while ago but its just that everything is horrible at the same time. im very lonely while also having many people to talk to, its just that anyone i have opened up to doesn't seem to care anymore. i have always been very successful academically and in terms of extracurriculars but after this first bit of y11 i flopped really hard (im extremely average if not below average in all my subjects and this has really never been a problem for me before, i covered all the info in my mods this term in tuition or over the holidays so i was familiar with the content in school and still flopped). i used to really love to sing, but for the past few months i can't bring myself to do it and it just feels like a burden. i just feel like im such a negative person to be around and i make everyone's lives really horrible.

i sometimes feel okay and sort of happy but then it gets bad again and im starting to contemplate just giving up. i can't do anything drastic like dropping subjects/tuition atp, my school and parents likely wont support me and some part of me wants to keep grinding in school. i just want to be normal again i dont want to be like this

sorry if that all didnt make much sense, idrk what i want to get out of this thread.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
usually i'm not one to talk about my feelings like this because i hate getting pity or being labelled emo but i need to tell someone even if you guys are strangers so here goes.

this year i have just been feeling numb, extremely sad and completely smooth brained at the same time. i have been through a lot previously and i have been able to get soldier through it but somehow i cant seem to get out of this cycle and its been 5 months. i am constantly stressed and anxious and can't sleep properly or form logical thoughts or enjoy anything. i am not in danger at all (if yk what i mean) but im just tired. i can't get through anything in my day without being exhausted and don't have the motivation to do anything. ive checked for other medical conditions to see if the tiredness is smth else but it isn't.

my parents work very hard for me and im in a very good place in life compared to where i was a while ago but its just that everything is horrible at the same time. im very lonely while also having many people to talk to, its just that anyone i have opened up to doesn't seem to care anymore. i have always been very successful academically and in terms of extracurriculars but after this first bit of y11 i flopped really hard (im extremely average if not below average in all my subjects and this has really never been a problem for me before, i covered all the info in my mods this term in tuition or over the holidays so i was familiar with the content in school and still flopped). i used to really love to sing, but for the past few months i can't bring myself to do it and it just feels like a burden. i just feel like im such a negative person to be around and i make everyone's lives really horrible.

i sometimes feel okay and sort of happy but then it gets bad again and im starting to contemplate just giving up. i can't do anything drastic like dropping subjects/tuition atp, my school and parents likely wont support me and some part of me wants to keep grinding in school. i just want to be normal again i dont want to be like this

sorry if that all didnt make much sense, idrk what i want to get out of this thread.
I think it honestly goes back to controlling your mind and being aware as to how simply overthinking can result in you being unproductive. This hit me pretty hard this yr after I basically failed my ext1 test and now most likely will have to redo if I don't b6. From a Buddhist POV (I am buddhist so whenever I reach the point where I am on edge as to wtf I'm supposed to do) I usually try and recall what we call 'anicca'- essentially the fact that nothing in life is permanent, only the amount of time you have to live it. Once your exam is finished theres nothing you can really do to retract it. But that added stress of you thinking about what lies in the future really contributes to nothing but wasting the already debilitated time you have as of now to make a change. Also stop making so many expectations. Everyone's journey is different, do not waste your time trying be someone else.

Yap: For all we know, life as we know it, is a simulation. How do we know you aren't in a coma right now and I am simply your imagination? If we truely did fly to the moon in 1918, why are the pictures so distorted? Could it be possible that the government ai generated this whole charade in order to end the space race? Back when colour cameras didn't exist, was life grey and white? and if you saying it did not, how would you know? We are assuming it was colour back then because of what world we're seeing... You weren't around during the cold war when everyone died from hyperthermia during the eclipse, you weren't around when WW2 happened and the vietnamese invaded afganishtan and Japan was throwing bombs at malaysia... Why make these assumptions simply because we currently live a life of pure colour?

Last edited:

iloveeggs

HSC
I think it honestly goes back to controlling your mind and being aware as to how simply overthinking can result in you being unproductive. This hit me pretty hard this yr after I basically failed my ext1 test and now most likely will have to redo if I don't b6. From a Buddhist POV (I am buddhist so whenever I reach the point where I am on edge as to wtf I'm supposed to do) I usually try and recall what we call 'anicca'- essentially the fact that nothing in life is permanent, only the amount you have to live it. Once your exam is finished theres nothing you can really do to retract it. But that added stress of you thinking about what lies in the future really contributes to nothing but wasting the already debilitated time you have as of now to make a change. Also stop making so many expectations. Everyone's journey is different, do not waste your time trying be someone else.
ik i didnt provide much context at all but this advice is surprisingly smth i really needed. i still feel like shit but i feel a little bit better after reading that thanks mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)