• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Im in a predicament (2 Viewers)

v.tex

HSC
HI guys with year 12 around the corner and thinking of dropping subject im honestly in a huge predicament here. So yeah, Im that guy that caught up for chemistry, passed the test and decided to not even join the class (im such an idiot for this and have regretted it every day since.) Well anyway,, now that i have been doing earth and feel I flunked the prelim for it I am seriously considering dropping it for yr 12 but don't have many options. I took a look at the Earth content in year 12 and it kinda looks pretty boring to me as well as the huge amount of writing we have to do in the HSC test for a pretty shitty scaler of a subject- I should of made the switch to chem when i could have :( ; kinda has made me depressed ngl. Should of listened to you guys but instead listened to my shitty annoying teachers. lol the funny thing is the whole reason i didnt switch was because it woud of affected my other subjects but im pretty sure I am doing pretty shitty in the prelims so far :(

Well anyway, my options are pretty limited- either e2 math or science extension.
I honestly feel I would enjoy e2 math but tbh dont know if im cut out for it. I have around a 77% average for e1 going into the prelim so am gonna have to absolutely cook for the prelim to probably get a offer of joining the class.

For science extension on the other hand, I could easily get into the course but tbh dont know if I can be bothered to write a huge depth study the entire year for a not even good scaler subject that is also just generally hard.

If you guys have any thoughts I would love to hear them!

v.tex

HSC
Science extension is literally just a passion subject; if you have a good, unique idea for an extensive depth study, take it
Personally, mx2 was a very fun subject, take it if you make it into the class and try it out - it'll be a good experience for uni
what marks do i have to get in 4u to be worth y while- aiming for a 95+ ATAR. Also another question, for the UNSW bonus points do you still get the 5 bonus points for math advanced if you do mx2 as it is assumed you get a band 6?

liamkk112

HSC
what marks do i have to get in 4u to be worth y while- aiming for a 95+ ATAR. Also another question, for the UNSW bonus points do you still get the 5 bonus points for math advanced if you do mx2 as it is assumed you get a band 6?
like 60+ raw in 4u tbh the scaling is legit unfair
you won't get the bonus points coz you won't be taking the math adv hsc, but you'll get bonus points for 4u/3u anyway

v.tex

HSC
like 60+ raw in 4u tbh the scaling is legit unfair
you won't get the bonus points coz you won't be taking the math adv hsc, but you'll get bonus points for 4u/3u anyway
Damn, alright, If im allowed to im gona pick it up and keep earth in case for the first term or yr 12 if it goes bad

K2Trappy

HSC
4U scaling is wild, a 50 raw is like a 77 aligned which is 97 atar contribution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)