• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Image Attatchment (1 Viewer)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If you use the quick reply, like mose users, use the [img ][ /img] tags. Just type those on either side of the image address and the image will appear in your post.

If you want to attach an image from your computer you need to go the long way and upload it. Click on "post reply" at the top or bottom of the thread, and you'll enter the post composition page. Towards the bottom you'll see "Attachment". Near that will be a button: "Browse". Click that, and you'll be able to select the file in your computer. You should be able to figure out the rest ;)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
You can't *Attach* an image (onto BoS) as such atm, because of server demands. However, linking pictures should be fine.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Oh, well, if you want an image in your signature it has to have already been uploaded to the web. You can't upload images to the user CP except for avatar (currently disabled)

find a picture on the nternet, right-click it and select "copy shortcut" or something (so you get the image's address) then stick that between [img ] [ /img] so it looks like this: [img ] http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/attachment.php?s=&postid=278584 [ /img] which comes up as...

see?

edit: in happier days the above would not appear as a hyperlink but as the image itself embedded into your post. if you do what I swrote above in your signature the image should still show up

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
hmmmm i'm not wanting a link... i want the actual picture in the signature.. look at Winston's signature of those bouncy thingies :p
for the link.. u can just type the web adress in and it'l come up hyperlinked.... :confused:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by kimmeh
hmmmm i'm not wanting a link... i want the actual picture in the signature.. look at Winston's signature of those bouncy thingies...
well do things that winston does, u gotta be a 1337 member. ;) :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
kimmeh,
  • if you type in
    [ u r l ] some kinda url [ / u r l ]
    then it should come as a hyperlink.
  • if you type in: [ u r l = http://something.something.com] some text. [ / u r l ]
    then it should be the link with the text you inserted between the tags, for example would be click this.
  • if you type in [ i m g ] a URL to picture [ / i m g ], then a picture should be displayed.
    play with these BBCodes and ask me if still problems. :)

NB: there should be no spaces inside the tags... i put in spaces coz if i type the tags properly they wouldn't show up.

Last edited:

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
you mean a square where the image should be, along with a little image icon? it could be the image is waiting to load (everything else on the page) or that the server (which the image is on) is busy atm...

and you're welcome :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
nope... :(
type it out for me (with spaces).

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
what? the whole code thingy? or the html?
[ i m g ] http://www32.brinkster.com/hemmik/sleep [ / i m g ]

hmm?
errr... booboo, u forgot to specify what kinda file it was... surely you mean something like "...hemmik/sleep.jpg"?
you must specify what kinda picture is it (jpg, gif, png), or the browser won't know... :)

edit: btw, i tried using that link and adding an extension to the end of it (i tried sleep.jpg, sleep.gif, sleep.png, sleep.bmp)... still won't work... what kind of picture are you attaching?

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
er... did you press "enter" after the ".gif"? Because what's there now...shouldn't.

edit: odd. the image doesn't exist...

can you post the address of the page where you saw the image?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)