• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

image- the truman show (1 Viewer)

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
has anyone studied the truman show? if so what scenes have you picked to study closest? and do you have any notes?

evster

HSC
im doin the truman show and ill prolly do the first scene which establishes the character of truman,
the storm scene,
the round-a-bout scene where he is being spontaneous and realises whats going on,
and the final scene where christoff is the god-like voice over

that all depends on what the question is...it might not address wats being shown in these scenes

i mite also use the scene where truman is being pushed up against the billboard....showing product placement and referring to the consumer driven society we live in

HSC
I did only 1 scene (truman meets with his father) and i got 16/20, but i did basically EVERY aspect and followed it well, but i enjoyed studying image, i seriously think its a great module

kaylz

HSC
Not being a dick or anything steve, but do your teachers mark lightly? 16/20 is almost unattainable at my school.

HSC
kaylz said:
Not being a dick or anything steve, but do your teachers mark lightly? 16/20 is almost unattainable at my school.
unsure, a few of people i know got about 13 ... some guy i know who got like 91% overall got 17 for it

Last edited:

mel885

HSC
Hey guys, I have an in class assessment this week on "telling the truth" and ive decided to include The Truman Show as one of my related materials at the last minute. Was wondering if any of you could help me out with the relations to truth and the media? Thanx ...MeL

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I did the Truman show as part of my Telling the Truth module... basically I took the angle that when someone is exposed to a lie their entire life, they'll never know it to be a lie? It's kindof like the whole if you never awaken from a dream, how would you know it was a dream?

Btw if it helps I might be able to send you my English essay- if I haven't uploaded it yet. I think I got 18/20 (or was it 19/20?)... somewhere around there.

EDIT: Just realised this thread is like... a year old! I only posted here because I saw it linked from the front page of BoS forums. Oh well.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
mel885 said:
Hey guys, I have an in class assessment this week on "telling the truth" and ive decided to include The Truman Show as one of my related materials at the last minute. Was wondering if any of you could help me out with the relations to truth and the media? Thanx ...MeL
You could talk about how businesses and the media can manipulate the truth in an attempt to gain ratings and advertising revenue- and link this back to Frontline.

Kita001

HSC
i know you's stopped talking about this topic a while ago, but i studied the truman show for image, in my trial exam i got 16/20, i used the first scene which establises truman, and his perfect (fake) world, i also used the advertising part, where meryl displays the chefs pal, to enforce how fake his world really is. and the end scene when truman fights his fears portraying he is a true hero for escaping this world.
just thought i'd let you all know.

mishyma

HSC
Random, but i got a b- for trueman which was my best mark lol.. yeah im horrible with english

lauramarie88

HSC
yeah im not too crash hot at english either, but for some reason Ive really enjoyed truman, you really can get heaps outta it. Is anyone gonna use more than 3 related texts?

johnnyJIM

HSC
in class i studied the
opening segment
sylvia segment
driving in circles segment
trutalk segment
closing segment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)