• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Imaginative Writing how to start (1 Viewer)

WhoseAdam

HSC
i got a imaginative writing test in 1 week

I got 3 stimuluses one will be chosen on the day, 30 min for writing the story, 20 min for the reflection, 20 and 15 marks

i am so shit a creative writing, is there anyone who could possible guide me/give a rough idea on what i should write a story on

thanks for the help

Attachments

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
When I read the first stimulus, my mind seems to focus on the notion of the past, including elements such as events that occurred in the past and people who existed in the past. Based on this, perhaps you could write a story about a character(s) who seeks closure in relation to either their past or someone else's (which would be important to the main character). You can introduce a significant event that occurred at some point in the past and pushed the main character(s) to embark on a journey to uncover truths and/or solve mysteries.

I interpret the second stimulus similarly to the first, although I do not sense an emphasis on the notion of the past like in the first stimulus. This can make it slightly more challenging to write a story, although it is definitely still possible. For example, you could write an imaginative piece that focuses on a main character being in a state of confusion when they are present in a particular place and/or are subject to particular circumstances. A potential ending would involve the character reaching a different (likely better) place and/or circumstances, allowing them to address said confusion.

Lastly, the third extract appears to emphasise the notion of uniqueness. As such, you could write an imaginative piece in which you explore an element such as a major discovery, and its resulting impact on the life of the main character(s).

I hope this helps! :D

WhoseAdam

HSC
When I read the first stimulus, my mind seems to focus on the notion of the past, including elements such as events that occurred in the past and people who existed in the past. Based on this, perhaps you could write a story about a character(s) who seeks closure in relation to either their past or someone else's (which would be important to the main character). You can introduce a significant event that occurred at some point in the past and pushed the main character(s) to embark on a journey to uncover truths and/or solve mysteries.

I interpret the second stimulus similarly to the first, although I do not sense an emphasis on the notion of the past like in the first stimulus. This can make it slightly more challenging to write a story, although it is definitely still possible. For example, you could write an imaginative piece that focuses on a main character being in a state of confusion when they are present in a particular place and/or are subject to particular circumstances. A potential ending would involve the character reaching a different (likely better) place and/or circumstances, allowing them to address said confusion.

Lastly, the third extract appears to emphasise the notion of uniqueness. As such, you could write an imaginative piece in which you explore an element such as a major discovery, and its resulting impact on the life of the main character(s).

I hope this helps! :D
thank you so much for your help

Duskheaven

HSC
its rubbish and i dont understand what it gives me
its rubbish and i dont understand what it gives me
Use Bing AI, Creative mode and ask for draft outline. Edit the draft outline until it is suitable and then ask it to write the whole story & edit as needed.
I even tested it out and it gave the same proposed story arch as jimmy for prompt 1 except with a defined plot line and scene.

WhoseAdam

HSC
Use Bing AI, Creative mode and ask for draft outline. Edit the draft outline until it is suitable and then ask it to write the whole story & edit as needed.
I even tested it out and it gave the same proposed story arch as jimmy for prompt 1 except with a defined plot line and scene.
interesting i will test it out later tonight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)