• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Impact of communication on scientific research (1 Viewer)

hydrobiont

HSC
N/A
Our teacher gave us an assignment.
I guess it's not hard. But I just think of anything to write.

Discuss the impact of the quality of collabration and communication on scitific research. Is it important to communicate with other scientists. What if scientists do not work together? Why do people share the noble prize/etc?

Does anyone have any idea?
Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

rhia

salty
HSC
hydrobiont said:
Our teacher gave us an assignment.
I guess it's not hard. But I just think of anything to write.

Discuss the impact of the quality of collabration and communication on scitific research. Is it important to communicate with other scientists. What if scientists do not work together? Why do people share the noble prize/etc?

Does anyone have any idea?
Any suggestion would be very appreciated.
generally, this questioned is related to rosalind franklin and her partner maurice wilkins which is discussed in blueprint of life. they had co-operative and collaboration issues, and in biology texts gender issues are often brought up and partially attributed to this. these issues hindered their progress in determining the structure of DNA, and wilkins showed watson and crick her work which led them to ultimately and correctly determine the structure of DNA.

she didn't share in the nobel prize with the three, even though it was her work that helped in their discovery - but she was dead. you can't receive a nobel prize posthumously, from what i've read, so that's a stupid thing to be talking about in the syllabus. so you can only talk about why she didn't hypothetically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)