• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

impact of the current monetary policy on aggregate demand in the Australian economy?? (1 Viewer)

lanamariie

HSC
evaluate the impact of the current monetary policy on aggregate demand in the Australian Economy ?

You guys please help out with this question !!! any help is very much appreciated

Anonym0us

HSC
Re: impact of the current monetary policy on aggregate demand in the Australian econo

The cash rate (last time I checked was 3.5%), and has decreased from previous years. The lower cash rate is to increase demand, due to the sovereign debt crisis which has caused much uncertainity in spending within the domestic economy. Also the lower cash rate was implemented to depreciate the AUD, to increase exports and reduce BOGS deficit
Hope that helps :)

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: impact of the current monetary policy on aggregate demand in the Australian econo

Basically what anonymous said. Here's what i have in my notes.
This recent stance reflects low inflation in the March 2012 quarter, uneven growth in the economy, weaker international conditions and consumer confidence, and the impact of a high $A on industries. These lower interest rates aim to encourage economic activity and support employment (particularly in retain, housing, manufacturing and construction industries), depreciate the $A and so improve international competitiveness (inbound tourism, education and manufacturing exports).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)