• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

In-class Hamlet/RAGAD essay next Mon! (1 Viewer)

Will Hunting

HSC
To anyone who's studied Hamlet in conjunction w/ RAGAD, or has any sorta knack for in-class essays, I could really use your help!

I'm due to sit the task on Mon 14th. I'm allowed to conduct as much preparation as I want, and I'll be listening to a couple of audio recordings from both plays on the day. I'll be allotted 40 min to produce as much as possible. The essay question will be some variation on the following:

"Explain and evaluate how and why the text (Hamlet) is transformed. You will need to be able to explain what is tranformed, how it is transformed and why."

I need to know, in as precise terms as possible, what the examiner will be looking for in a 20/20 response, as that is my target. I'm a former Ext 1 English 1st place getter in Prelim, but that's certainly not to say HSC English, even Advanced, will be something I'm equipped to handle. I have an idea that it'll take more than satisfaction of this task's outcomes to pull off a performance like 20/20, and confronted with the sheer volume of information on both pieces, I'm not sure how to go about this, and even, at the moment, where to start.

I'm not expecting heaps in the way of detailed answers, as, of course, you guys aren't taking my task, so your input will be based solely on what I've told you, but if anyone has any tips as to how to best plan, prepare and write the task on the day in order to maximise results, I'd be stoked. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)