In The Skin of a Lion (1 Viewer)

rhonda101

HSC
N/A
Did anyone do this text for critical study? if so, any thoughts on the question?

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
rhonda101 said:
Did anyone do this text for critical study? if so, any thoughts on the question?
Yes. I didn't think it was that great for ITSOL. It wasn't what I was expecting and I had probably focussed least on this aspect. No one in my class felt 'that' confident about this one, but then again the Module B questions are usually geared more towards King Lear than ITSOL.

justfriedy

HSC
Yeah i did ITSOL and i didn't think much of the q. a lot of ppl in my year talked about the relationship between the socially oppressed and figures of authority which i didn't think of at first. i was initialy going to stick with patrick and alice and all that but culdnt sustain it for a whole essay so i included temelcoff and harris. i dunno if thats wat they wanted but yeah...

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
justfriedy said:
Yeah i did ITSOL and i didn't think much of the q. a lot of ppl in my year talked about the relationship between the socially oppressed and figures of authority which i didn't think of at first. i was initialy going to stick with patrick and alice and all that but culdnt sustain it for a whole essay so i included temelcoff and harris. i dunno if thats wat they wanted but yeah...
Yeah, I talked about the relationship between Patrick and Alice, compared it briefly to Patrick and Clara and then emphasised how his relationship with Alice built on his relationship with the workers and migrants and how as activists they gave them the voice that the authority figures excluded (official/unofficial history).. Its probably not what they wanted, but what's done is done!

Muchi

HSC
hey guys

i though that the question was a bit specific. Luckily i had prepared so yeah...
This was my interpretation,
Patrick's relationship with Clara - allows to him to gain an identity through love
Patrick's relationship with Alice - gains political identity
Patrick's & the Migrants relationship with Harris - highlights power struggle through post-colonial perspective
Basically just rambled about those 3 relationships and argued how they were significant i guesss.... HOPE TO GOD i get a gud mark for this

truper

HSC
Muchi said:
hey guys

i though that the question was a bit specific. Luckily i had prepared so yeah...
This was my interpretation,
Patrick's relationship with Clara - allows to him to gain an identity through love
Patrick's relationship with Alice - gains political identity
Patrick's & the Migrants relationship with Harris - highlights power struggle through post-colonial perspective
Basically just rambled about those 3 relationships and argued how they were significant i guesss.... HOPE TO GOD i get a gud mark for this
Yeh I agree- they restricted the question by making it too specific.

I wrote about the relationships between the powerful and the powerless and how it is through valuing and listening to all th voices and perspectives in society in which we can become one and be able to "don the skin of the lion." Then I focused on the power of language and how language enables the marginalised to step up into history and have their stories heard.

Full on BS.

halialoon

HSC
I'm feelin a bit uneasy about this because when they said analyse the significance of at least ONE intense human relationship to the novel, I interpreted the question very broadly:

I said this "intense human relationship" which was significant was LOVE, not specifically Patrick and Alice which most people seemed to do. I then made links to other characters who experienced love such as Caravaggio and Hana and said that the novel is in actual fact a story about love, despite its outward complexity.

Then i started talking about another significant human relationship was that between the powerless and the powerful.

I hope to god i interpreted this question right.

truper

HSC
halialoon said:
I'm feelin a bit uneasy about this because when they said analyse the significance of at least ONE intense human relationship to the novel, I interpreted the question very broadly:

I said this "intense human relationship" which was significant was LOVE, not specifically Patrick and Alice which most people seemed to do. I then made links to other characters who experienced love such as Caravaggio and Hana and said that the novel is in actual fact a story about love, despite its outward complexity.

Then i started talking about another significant human relationship was that between the powerless and the powerful.

I hope to god i interpreted this question right.
Yeh- they were really ambiguous by saying "ONE intense human relationships"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)