• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

'In The Wild' (1 Viewer)

Kutay

University
HSC
Hey i am having a problem with trying to get a solid definition for in the wild....

has anyone got definitions for it as all the ones i have done my teacher says i need a better one..

thankyou in advance

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
what's your definition of it right now?

then I'll tell you mine.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
well, that is my understanding of it too: man's relationship with nature!

What was it that your teacher say was missing?

Perhaps you just need an introduction to establish the idea clearly in your essay?

Anyways, heres a few intros that I've dug up from my HSC archives that I think may help: (these are intros from 18-20/20 assessments)

... presents a futuristic world that has been significantly affected by the progress of technology. However, this dystopian projection contrasts to Huxley’s world as he examines an environment that has completely deteriorated at the hands of humanity. Scott’s tension exists as a reflection of the rapid technological advancement occurring in the 1980’s.

-------------------------------

mine: :D

In trying to improve the natural state of man, both composers of Brave New World (BNW), and BladeRunner (BR) warn of the possible dangers of being disconnected with our natural state. In both texts, the composers are concerned with the advent of scientific and technological advances that may bring disastrous consequences, resulting in tension between mankind and his relationship with the natural world.

------------------------------

... the advancement of technology has had unprecedented affects on the relationship between humanity and natural world throughout the century. Such affects have made the topic a regular issue for debate and analysis. The texts Brave New World (BNW) written by Alduos Huxley (1931) and Blade Runner (BR) directed by Ridley Scott (1982/1992) both address this subject. Through the aspects of control, domination of nature and class structure the affects of technology on humanity and the natural world are examined.

tell me if you want explaining. Good luck

Last edited:

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
oh dear...it's like exam marks - everyone wants to swap marks rather than just say how they went. tut tut tut *shakes head* you should know better eagles...
Kutay --> you need to be more specific. yes, humanity's relationship with the natural world is the focus of the module, but that's just too broad. you need to clarify what aspects of this wide topic you're talking about. For example, are you looking at the place of religion? The contrast between how different classes utilise the wild? whether it is children or adults who are closer to nature? why we need or do not need to experience the wild? what is the wild - is it pastoral or untamed wilderness?what is the specific relationship between poets/authors and the wild? who can interact with nature and to what degree? how has humanity's use of and interaction with nature/the wild changes over time? these are just some examples to consider, there are many more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)