• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Index law questions (1 Viewer)

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Just 2 questions that are most likely simple but I do not currently understand how to do. They are from the SAME question but I dont understand either bits of them

Simplify: c^(7/6) AND q^(-1/28). This was just a question set by my teacher during maths.. could anyone get the answer and explain it to me?

Trev

stix
HSC
Re: Prelim Ext. 1 maths questions

Umm,
c<sup>7/6</sup> is the same as c<sup>6/6</sup>.c<sup>1/6</sup> = c.<sup>6</sup>√c
I think that's what your teacher means...
q<sup>-1/28</sup> since it's to the power of a negative value it is the same as 1/(q<sup>1/28</sup>) then rationalise the denominator?

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC

Aha.. thanks man.. yeh i get it.. this was the first bit of maths ive done in around 10 weeks so ive forgotten stuff...

adel_saleh

adelloo
HSC

hey man, r u already doing those sorts of questions!? man... do u noe wat we r doing in 3U maths????!! scientific notation!! yr 9 stuff... :burn: but dont get me wrong... i dont mind it :p but still kinda boring...:sleep: lol

Sober

HSC

adel_saleh said:
hey man, r u already doing those sorts of questions!? man... do u noe wat we r doing in 3U maths????!! scientific notation!! yr 9 stuff... :burn: but dont get me wrong... i dont mind it :p but still kinda boring...:sleep: lol
This is actually two unit work, and come to think of it, it may even be in the year 10 course.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC

Sober said:
This is actually two unit work, and come to think of it, it may even be in the year 10 course.
Probably is lol.. its all too simple now.. it was just because i hadnt done maths in soo long and i had forgotten...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)