• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Individual monologue question!! (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
Hi. im in year 11 at the moment (technically year 12) and i have to start working on my individual monologue, i was wondering if anyone knows of a monologue that is on phobias, my teach mentioned it, but we dont know what its called. any help would be greatly appretiated!

dezzy

HSC
there was a monolgue called "there were giants in those days" that i was going to check out for my IP but we couldnt find a copy anywhere...i rang the writer's agent but even the writer couldnt find a copy of it..lol

My teacher said that was about phobia's....i think the monolgue itself had a phobia of being read! lol...goodluck trying to find what ur looking for...

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
It's worth checking out some of Sarah Kane's plays...I can't remember the title of the one I'm thinking of...but she wrote the plays and then committed suicide...

They're pretty heavy...dark humour in bits. If you're looking for something about being psychologically disturbed then she's worth a look.

Gummy_bear

HSC
Thanx heaps guys! it actually turns out that my teacher has a copy of the script that i want after all! lol. i having a hard time deciding what to do though.
i also found out about a play that revolves around a man with tourettes syndrome with the actor that plays the character actually has tourettes syndrome too!
im thinking about doing sumthing like that now because i have tourette syndrome and i think i would be really cool! (no, i dont go around swearting and stuff, only about 5% of people with tourette syndrome actually do that, tv shows just make it seem that everyone does it!)
anyway, one more question? does anyone know where i would be able to get a copt of the script? i believe its on in london, but i think its a reletively new play, so i dont know where i could get a copy of the script. any suggestions??
thanks again!
GuMmY_BeAr :)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Well...thats one of the hardest problems. Firstly, find out if the script is published...Amazon is a good place to start. I ordered the play that my monologue was from on Amazon. If that doesn't work, directly ask the company putting the performance on...(even though it is in London).

Problem is, the latter hardly ever works as they are reluctant to help. What the name of play?

Gummy_bear

HSC
the play is called "syndrome". my teacher is helping me to look for it.
im gonna look it up on amazon and maybe ebay too.
thanks for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)