• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Induction (1 Viewer)

naz628

HSC
heyy

i got a job at a retail store, and i have an induction next week. i was just wondering what happens at inductions for retails stores like cotton on etc. also any idea what i should wear and what sort of things we'll be doing there. its 3 hoursss--

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Well first they prove a certain trait exists in one employee. They then show that its existence in k employees implies its existence in k+1 employees, and then conclude that you all share this trait.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
withoutaface said:
Well first they prove a certain trait exists in one employee. They then show that its existence in k employees implies its existence in k+1 employees, and then conclude that you all share this trait.
hahahhahahahahha

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
naz628 said:
heyy

i got a job at a retail store, and i have an induction next week. i was just wondering what happens at inductions for retails stores like cotton on etc. also any idea what i should wear and what sort of things we'll be doing there. its 3 hoursss--
If its a retail store selling clothes, I'd say wear something in the style of what you'll be selling, but if it's an induction, you've got the job, so it's probably not too much of a problem. ie if it's straight after school, shouldn't really be a problem if you were turn up to that. in my opinion. It's only a retail job, not some high-flying thing...

They'll go through a few legal requirements -- ie OH&S issues. Probably spell out your role as to what you're going to do (hopefully, anyway), to give you a clear impression of your position. Ideally they'd then give you a little spiel about where your job is in the grand scheme of things, and generally introduce you to people you'll never see again, or you'll only come into contact with if you're a) in trouble b) promoted to manager or above (in which case, you're in trouble anyway :D).

...if they're really into it, they might give you little quizzes, so watch out for them. They might also indicate any bonuses/reward/recognition schemes out there, so listen out for them (or, better yet, put them on the spot and ask them if they've "got anything to reward you for exceptional performance"...).

Hoep that gives a little USEFUL insight. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)