Industrial Technology Multimedia/ English Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

limerica

HSC
I am currently in year 11, my subjects are 2 & 3u maths, 2 & 3u english, visual art, business and industrial tech- multimedia. Researching past major works from itm and ee2, as well as course weighting i'm starting to get a bit scared that itm is going to ruin my atar if it goes wrong (especially as it scales awfully!) Also my teacher seems enthusiastic about us all doing short films for major works. My question is, would I be better off taking up ee2 and doing a short film through that and dropping itm, or is ee2 more work, different criteria...etc. Please, any advice or past experience would be greatly welcome!

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Very few people do a short film for ee2, but obviously if you do it well you will be rewarded.

I would think that there is more 'journalling' involved in ee2, but it's quite easy once you get used to it.

limerica

HSC
Thanks, I'm thinking I will do it as it seems the obvious choice. Anyway, we'll see what my teachers think about it!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well you have to look at what the requirements are for each subject. I'd say EX2 focuses on the more artistic aspect - while ITM may focus on the "oh look, you can make a video" aspect - from what it looks like on the surface.

Look at the criteria.

Further, EX2 has lots of stuff along with a film. It's not just making a film - you have to document your research, you have to write a Reflection on it, and there are assessments on it while you're making it. Like one of the assessments would be to talk to your teacher about what you want to achieve - in your Viva Voce.

limerica

HSC
Okay, thank you. Personally a content/artistic focussed syllabus is more suited to me, so that would be good. What exactly would you have to do in the assessments? Also, is it harder to get high marks if you choose the medium of film?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
There are three assessments for EX2, iirc. When I did it, there was a Draft Proposal (write down what you want to do and what it'll want to achieve), Viva Voce (talk about what you're doing) and Draft Submission (send in your work for it to be marked by the school).

And the short story is the basis for which other things are marked. So the usual advice applies: Try your best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)