• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Info on the Crusades (1 Viewer)

urbanslum

HSC
Our case study is the crusades, and im really lost, does anyone know of any good sources to get info from?

X

xeuyrawp

Heya,
I haven't done the case study, and I've really only got general knowledge on the crusades, so hopefully someone nice here will talk with you.

There's always the resource section, which has a few files on the crusades. The resource section has a lot of student's notes on a lot of subjects.

Odourless

HSC
I can tell you Sir Steve Runcimann (sp?) is a really good historian to use. Theres heaps of others but unfortunately I only have massive books and whatnot. Anna Comena is a good contempary historian for the time giving a good insight of the islamic perspective.

Libby01P

Banned
HSC
Anna Comnena was not Arab, she was Byzantine, the daughter of Alexius, the ruler of Constantinople. She'd be a good one to use though; she talks about not being bias in a very Herodotus-esque wayand then goes and glorifies her husband and father anyway.
Also, Runcimen, Gibbon, Hillenbrand, Madden and Riley-Smith for modern historians
Fulcher of Chartres, William of Tyre and Anna for the western medieval sources
Funck-Bertino, Maalouf and Gabrielli for eastern medieval sources
I'm going to try and use at least one from each group to show "how the construction of history changes over time." The eastern perspective is especially interesting to use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)