• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Informatics Written Exam (1 Viewer)

JohnDee

HSC
N/A
Hey,

can anyone here whose done Informatics - VB 48221, give a clue as to whats in the written exam? any tips & hints as to what to study would be heaps appreciated (if anyone has a past test they can post thatd be a serious ass-kicking help)

Cheers in advance

MoNNiE

HSC
JohnDee said:
Hey,

can anyone here whose done Informatics - VB 48221, give a clue as to whats in the written exam? any tips & hints as to what to study would be heaps appreciated (if anyone has a past test they can post thatd be a serious ass-kicking help)

Cheers in advance
G'day John Dee,
There are no pass papers for this subject.. i did it last year. Basically if i remember correctly you are allowed to bring one sheet of paper of written notes [front and back] with whatever you desire.. codes.. bullet points a whole written program.. its up to you.. but you must have this not in TYPING FORMAT

hints, basically you'll be given some simple problems which you are required to write a program for + design the interface. they are pretty straight forward and easy if you know what to do! there were like 2 we had to do i think... it was pushing it abit..

my suggestion is to practice the tutorial questions (yes them stupid ones in the lecture book) and some extension ones.. that may be posted up on utsonline.
you are also made to discuss a certain topic in essay format and some simple comprehension questions.

i'm stretching my brain abit..but .. mack follows his subject guide lines!!
so know what a spreadsheet is.. etc... well whatever he has written in that hand out...

Vb isn't too hard.. just make sure you know how to write ap VB program usinig your hand, paper and pen and you should be fine :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)