Information Kiosks - Social and Ethical Issues (1 Viewer)

Ace-Of-Spades

HSC
Hey, doing an assignment, and it involved including the Social And Ethical issues of using an Information Kiosks, would anyone have any ideas....or any links where to find any, thanx!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Ace-Of-Spades said:
Hey, doing an assignment, and it involved including the Social And Ethical issues of using an Information Kiosks, would anyone have any ideas....or any links where to find any, thanx!
social and ethical issues of information kiosks
what a random topic
umm this is like to do with privacy, copyright etc...

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Donshe said:
Off the top of my head, ethical concerns would be any logging of your actions done by the kiosk owners, and basically that sort of privacy thing

i never was able to tell the difference between "social" and "ethical"

someone enlighten me?
ethical is what is right
social is for the people
something like that
dont quote me on it
im not sure lol

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lol

ahh fuck this brings back some terrible memories of IP

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
info kiosks provide information or services, so theres copyright, privacy, data accuracy, design maybe..? ethics is whats right, and wrong (unethical) data accuracy would be in this, ie. is the information(data) that the info kiosk gives correct and up-to-date? are the colours appealing to everyone?..ergonomic issues - can everyone/disabled ppl access it? privacy - how is personal info handled?....dats all i can remember 4 now...theres also stuff like ownership and control of data - who owns the data? but all in all it really depends on what type of info kiosk it is coz theres many - they are used for tourism guiding and to provide catalogues or at chemists etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)