Inquiry (1 Viewer)

mrivz

HSC
I want to go to TAFE this year and do either Business (marketing) - Diploma, or Business Management - Diploma, or an engineering course (probably mechanical).

When i rang them up yesterday about applying, the lady told me that i dont need to apply but just enrol on the 31st of Jan. She also told me that i need to do the engineering course as an apprenticeship. But on the website, it said that i need to apply to those courses - so im kinda confused. Can anyone clear this out for me?
(By the way this was in the Campbelltown Campus)

Im also looking to transfer into uni after i finish the course but will those course allow me to transfer to any uni?

And also, do u have to pay the fees in full or can it be done in installments?

Thanks

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
mrivz said:
I want to go to TAFE this year and do either Business (marketing) - Diploma, or Business Management - Diploma, or an engineering course (probably mechanical).

When i rang them up yesterday about applying, the lady told me that i dont need to apply but just enrol on the 31st of Jan. She also told me that i need to do the engineering course as an apprenticeship. But on the website, it said that i need to apply to those courses - so im kinda confused. Can anyone clear this out for me?
(By the way this was in the Campbelltown Campus)

Im also looking to transfer into uni after i finish the course but will those course allow me to transfer to any uni?

And also, do u have to pay the fees in full or can it be done in installments?

Thanks
Hi mrivz,

For application courses, the deadline was 28th Oct 2005 however by contacting campuses direct after this date you can still recieve a spot if they have vacancies - so thats what you'd be doing basically, enrolling on the day like she said.

With the engineering course, I am assuming that it is done in conjunction with an employer but is still a TAFE run course also. Maybe you should contact the specific course co-ordinator for engineering at Campbelltown for further details.

As for uni entrance, almost any Diploma will help you gain entry into university if you achieve well enough, however only certain study areas will give you credit transfer as well. To see which universities credit what, click here.

Regarding fees, you can pay in installments each semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)