• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Inrormation Systems Help (1 Viewer)

santaslayer

HSC
hey all, this is really a Uni question, so i'd thought i'd put it in the general uni section......this is an assingment i hae to do and the first part of the assingment is:

Prepare a client brief describing your organisation and an organisational chart showing the positions and job description of each position in your organisation. Then, given a budget of $20,000, prepare a Hardware and Software Plan for the organisation. The plan should consist of detailed breakdown for the managers of the organisation to work from and should contain a selection of hardware and software that is appropriate for the organisation, based on the client brief and the organisation chart. In addition you are required to justify each aspect and state why you have selected certain hardware equipment (e.g. if you want are suggesting three laptops, state why they are required) and software packages. Finally, you must draw up a spreadsheet using MS Excel showing the cost of item.

our company's structure would be flat and our group has come up with some IT requirements like DBMS, database, myob, spreadsheet, maybe a few low cost laptops, PDA's and some networking......

do u guys/gir;s have anymore ideas which could make our assingment look better?......thanks

Ribbon

Hmmn well I don't really know what you mean by making it 'look better' but I wouldd present it with the organisational chart first, then the overview of the costing (ie as if you were bidding for a contract) then a breakdown of each major area needing the IT stuff... eg

Managment:
Role in org:
Requirements:
suggested hardware:
why suggested:
Suggested software:
Total cost:

then maybe do some kindof systems flow chart showing the interrelattionships between departments...

BTW: I have no credentials in my approach to this... I did IPT in the HSC but arn't doing my business info systems type course until next semester...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)