Inspiration (1 Viewer)

avalonian

HSC
Hey I was just wondering, I'm doing a video and I have all the tools and software I need, I've got everything I need except inspiration!

I was just wondering how some other people came up with ideas that they found interesting enough to do a movie on. I'm so stuck and I need to hand a final draft of the script in 2 weeks!

Also am looking for anyone else who is thinking of composing their own backing track to the movie, just wondering how you'd go about it, what to do, what kinda ensembles you think you may use etc.

Last edited:

Frob

HSC
Two months on, it's a bit late for any advice, but here's what I've learnt through this experience...

Do what you know. Always. Do something that interests you - if you're a science fiction person, think science fiction. Read a lot of books, watch a lot of movies, wait for a concept to grab you.

When developing your idea, it doesn't hurt to think outside your perceived limitations. With a video, you need friends who can play the parts, people who can lend you props, places that will let you shoot there. Those are big limitations, but if you begin to push them you can hopefully break out of your uncreative prison.

I had been planning to do a mockumentary comedy kind of thing, but after a few weeks I realised I had no idea for a plot. I had lots of peripheral, small ideas...lots of detail, but no actual thing to hold it together. Then I had a really cool science fiction idea that's actually shootable and I really wish i knew how it happened so I can do it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)