Integrate 3^x (1 Viewer)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Grey Council
Tell James (lazarus) to make your status "teacher". That way people won't argue with you etc.

not that i'm saying anyone has argued with you. I'm just saying.

it looks cool as well. :)
Grey Council, I'll give your comment some thought, but I have two immediate reponses.

1. The last thing I want is people taking everything that I say as if it were gospel just because I'm listed as "Teacher". After all, I make mistakes - everyon does - and it's better if people feel comfortable saying "I disagree with you because of ..." and then having a discussion about it.

2. I'm not sure the status "Teacher" is appropriate - I'm not qualified as a Teacher according to the Dept of Education rules. I note that my status now says "Junior Member" - Is there somewhere that says how the statuses change? I'm not sure that "Junior Member" is a better descriptor than "New Member", which is how I was listed yesterday! :)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
Grey Council, I'll give your comment some thought, but I have two immediate reponses.

1. The last thing I want is people taking everything that I say as if it were gospel just because I'm listed as "Teacher". After all, I make mistakes - everyon does - and it's better if people feel comfortable saying "I disagree with you because of ..." and then having a discussion about it.
Well, I think we rebellious teenagers will be more likely to shoot you down if you make a mistake. Don't expect too much respect. :p ;)
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
2. I'm not sure the status "Teacher" is appropriate - I'm not qualified as a Teacher according to the Dept of Education rules. I note that my status now says "Junior Member" - Is there somewhere that says how the statuses change? I'm not sure that "Junior Member" is a better descriptor than "New Member", which is how I was listed yesterday! :)
Pfffft to the department of education rules. We have a teacher at our school who did general maths in year 11/12, did a diploma of teaching, and is now trying to teach 4u maths. Needless to say, 99% of her class now has tuition, and the 1% who don't are failing...miserably.

At least you know how to graph (x<sup>3</sup> + 2). The teacher i'm talking about doesn't. So I think you ARE qualified to be a teacher. :)

As for your status, the more you post, the better it'll be. Once you get to like 3000, you can make your status whatever you want. :) You were new member upto your first 25 posts, then junior member till you get 50. It keeps changing. hehe, you can get the complete list from somehwere. I've compeltely forgottne where. :(

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I dont think anybody ever made a complete list with relevant post counts but Huy came close.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol @ xayma.

We try, but being mortal humans, we tend to wander off topic. Not as if we blatantly spam. :)

Take me for example. I delete all threads I start after a while. If I cared bout my post count, i wouldn't do that. :) If James thinks I'm spamming, he can reset my count. I won't mind. hehe

I'm not saying do that, but im saying IF he DID do that, I wouldn't be ultra pissed off. ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)