Intensive 2,3 and 4 Unit Maths Tutoring - 99.95 ATAR and University Medal (1 Viewer)

Deeyaz

HSC
Hey all, I'd like to offer my tutoring services for maths.

Academic credentials
I graduated from St. Aloysius in 2010 with an ATAR of 99.95, with a mark of 99 in Extension 1 Mathematics and 97 in Extension 2 (before that, I took the 2 Unit HSC in an accelerated course in 2009, with a mark of 98). I recently graduated from the University of Sydney, with a University Medal alongside First Class Honours in Mathematics.

In mid-September, I'm headed off to Cambridge to take on Part III of the Tripos (essentially a coursework Master's), and in the downtime between now and then I'd like to do some tutoring, aimed at maximising HSC results.

Tutoring credentials
You'd be in good hands - I've been tutoring one-on-one since 2011, at levels ranging from Year 9 to 4 Unit. I also have been running tutorials at the first-year university level (MATH1001 Differential Calculus and MATH1003 Integral Calculus at USyd; MATH1131 Mathematics 1A at UNSW) since the start of 2014. Some of the feedback I've gotten from my most recent tutoring class at UNSW include:

"An awesome tutor. He explains questions and problems in a straightforward and easy-to-understand way. He's also clearly passionate about his work and is always keen to help."

"Very clear, concise, no bulls**t explanations. Approachable, explains the relevance of content."

"Good at explaining things simply and stressing the important things. Friendly and relaxed environment; easy to ask questions."

What would the sessions be like?
The sessions would be aimed at developing problem-solving strategies for HSC questions - I'm passionate about mathematics, and of course that's something that I'll bring to the table - but a particular strength of mine is singling out the important parts of a question (whether that be a key logical step, or key fact that needs to be applied) and teaching my students to demonstrate this knowledge to claim as many marks as possible.

It is a very short time period in which I'll be tutoring - however, as we all know, it's a crucial time. One of the keys to performance in HSC mathematics is to know the format of the questions and papers; we'd aim to go through questions taken from past HSC papers, with a mind to maximising score on each one (and hopefully learn some nice mathematics along the way).

Logistics
My rate is $35 an hour, with 1-2 hour long sessions as often as the student would like between now and the 10th of September. I'm based in Ashfield, but would be willing to travel and/or meet a student at a place convenient for both parties.

If you're interested, feel free to send me a pm or email me on jamesdiaz93 at gmail dot com; looking forward to hearing from you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)