• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Interesting Activity - Difference between PRESERVE and CONSERVE (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I was reading notes my teacher gave me from some other teacher who wrote 10 things that most people get wrong in the geography exam.

One of them is many people don't know the difference between PRESERVE and CONSERVE.

So i found this interesting activity on the internet that people should either do or just read over.

http://extension.usu.edu/aitc/teachers/news/pdf/spring/spring97_conserv.pdf

It's pretty funny way of looking at it.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yeah thats a good way of looking at it. i always just think to preserve is to leave completely unharmed. and conserved is to sustain for the future. but that is the actual definition. it isnt that hard to remember the proper definitions anyway

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
well before this activity.

I'd always thought conserve and preserve were the same things.

But i've changed in perspectives.

and yeh.

But it's true that a lot of people don't know the difference.

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
well it'd be interesting for my class as my teacher is absolutely monotonous and does not modulate his voice and goes way way way too deep.
I remember in yr11, he spend 1 month just taking about the biophysical processes in the atmosphere and weather map thingies...OMG......

Two of us out of 5 are always trying to take over and teach the class, as we've already gone ahead. Probably the class understands from what we teach rather than the teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)