Intermediate Japanese (2 Viewers)

thuface

HSC
N/A
Has anyone else got the feeling like this course was not what you expected? = ="

Been thinking about dropping it and moving on, but dude, the texts cost about 150! Unless someone is willing to take these stupid costly things off my friggin' hands, I'm gonna stumble through this one.

*sigh*

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Has anyone else got the feeling like this course was not what you expected? = ="

Been thinking about dropping it and moving on, but dude, the texts cost about 150! Unless someone is willing to take these stupid costly things off my friggin' hands, I'm gonna stumble through this one.

*sigh*
If you don't like the course and feel its useless then drop it.

Its very hard to stay motivated if you don't like/find interesting the thing you're studying.

Last edited:

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
What's wrong with it? I did it last year and despite the fact I hate the way Iida-sensei sets her assessments, the course is fine.

HSC
The textbook's probably got hektik resell value, though kinda defeats the purpose of buying a second hand textbook when it's virtually new

thuface

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, I don't understand half the shit that's being thrown around and said. I tried backpedalling into the Intro Courses but it's a no go since I've taken the stupid thing in the HSC.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
The pace isn't too fast, and you only need to know something like 90 kanji as a prereq (which is nothing really). Just take things slowly and read the textbooks/do your homework and you should be fine. 1A and 1B at uni level didn't really go indepth.

Maybe pick up an intro jap textbook and have a read of it to refresh all your high school stuff.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
I believe he means specifically the subject that is taught at UNSW.

thuface

HSC
N/A
Dude, I have to like pick at my japanese dictionary every second sentence cause there's either some whack kanji or some verb/noun/word that i don't know.

Stressful.

&to the person doing open high school, stick it in man. I did Japanese through that in my HSC and it was pretty smooth.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Sounds pretty normal dude, get used to it.. it's part of learning.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
I thought since it's your first year at uni, you're allowed to go down a level or go up a level (for the language) if you feel that this level you've been placed in is too hard or too easy.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
If he only needs to check his dictionary every second sentence I'd say he has things pretty sweet. He's going to shit himself when he hits 3A and his entire page of homework instructions don't make sense, if he continues with that attitude.

disko

Working Class Hero
HSC
heh, you should come check out 4a, course is taught in japanese

but if you're serious about it suck it up and study your ass off, thats what i did when i skipped 6 months above my level at uni. i was just like you and felt over my head, but things will get easier bit by bit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)