internally transferring from unsw media pr and advertising to commerce/media (pr,etc) (1 Viewer)

mariewinter2013

HSC
I was just wondering if this was actually transferring or withdrawing from the subject and entering another one.
If it is transferring, could anybody please tell me the marks or whatever I need to get into unsw commerce/media (pr and advertising) after the first year at UNSW?
Also when you transfer from media to commerce/media, does that mean you'll be studying commerce with all the kids who graduated in 2014 (if I were transfer in 2014), or the ones that graduated in 2013 and are doing commerce/media now.
Also, does this mean an extra year of university?
Any other facts will also be appreciated, thank you :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: internally transferring from unsw media pr and advertising to commerce/media (pr,

Internal Program Transfer: https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/program_transfer/InternalProgramTransfer.html

From there, see that if you want to get into Comm/Media you need a 75 WAM and have done 36 units of credit overall, the average semester is 24 so you can transfer after the first year.

Commerce is very varied so it depends what courses you take, on who you'll be with. I have friends in 3rd year Commerce taking first year Macroeconomics, for instance. Also it will most likely be an extra year of university.

Moreover, the marks given are a guide. 75 WAM is the minimum you need to be transferred, the higher you are from that, the higher the chance you will get a successful transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)