• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

internals (1 Viewer)

nishinoyaaa;)

HSC
i was just wondering if i’m ranked last in ext 2 maths (cohort of 70) at a top 20 school, and I do well in the externals is it possible to achieve an E3?

wollongong warrior

HSC
Depends on if literally your entire cohort does well and if you do well enough to compensate for the case where they don't

Cooking?

HSC
No your literally cooked if even one person gets a really bad mark that would be moderated to be your assessment mark, last ranked always places last. The only thing saving you is other people. Wish you the best of luck dude hopefully your cohort all lock in.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
There are two main factors that will determine whether a mark in the band E3 range in Mathematics Extension 2 will be possible. The first one is cohort strength. Being ranked last in a subject is not good. However, the extent to which this applies differs between higher-ranked schools and lower-ranked schools. Being ranked last in a subject at a lower-ranked school can be interpreted as being in a much worse position than being ranked last in that subject at a higher-ranked school. In your case, the high academic capability of your cohort, which can reasonably be assumed given your school rank, may provide some hope. However, this will heavily depend on your cohort's performance in the Mathematics Extension 2 HSC exam (including the student who achieves the lowest HSC exam mark, which can also be you) as was mentioned in the above posts. This is a factor that you can no longer control at this stage.

The second factor is your own performance in your Mathematics Extension 2 HSC exam. This is where you have the most control. By doing your utmost in preparation for the HSC exam, you will become more likely to perform favourably, resulting in a favourable HSC exam mark and consequently increasing your chances of achieving an overall HSC mark in the band E3 range.

Overall, with thorough and effective preparations, as well as a bit of luck, you will hopefully be able to achieve a mark in this range.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)