Interview for a Junior Admin Assistant (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

What kind of questions should I expect to be asked at a interview for a junior admin assistant?

Oh yeah and give me some fashion tips :p

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
This sounds like the same sort of job i want to get. Let us know how it goes. :)

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
_DeathlessOne_ said:
What kind of questions should I expect to be asked at a interview for a junior admin assistant?

Oh yeah and give me some fashion tips :p
Questions covering:
Office skills/Typing speed
Communication skills (watch the way you answer don't use lots of coz and umm and arr fillers)
Interpersonal skills (what do you do when you meet someone you don't like. how do you deal with difficult people)
Probably something on work ethic (do you turn up on time type of deal)
Prior experience if any
Organisation skills (can you prioritise tasks, keep schedules etc)
Questions on what you understand the position/company to be.
Have some questions yourself about the position so if they ask if you have any you can say you do, showing that you are prepared.

Since it's a junior position they most likely wouldn't expect you to have direct experience or knowledge of each of the above but you need to be able to think of examples where you have done each and how you've handled it.

Dress business like so no t-shirts, scruffy clothes or sneakers.

Although a lot will also depend on the company and position profile so have another read of it and see if they mention what qualities they are looking for, those are the questions they will ask.

G

Gavvvvvin

absolution* said:
This sounds like the same sort of job i want to get. Let us know how it goes. :)
It was pretty easy. The dude seemed to be mostly concerned about my future plans and how long I would stay with the business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)