Into the world, Educating Rita (1 Viewer)

Hayden J P

HSC
Hey everyone,
I have a few practice essays due soon and i can't get my head around this question.

"the experience of moving into the world both limits and extends individual freedom.
discuss this view with reference to your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing."

my prescribed is Educating Rita and my related is the film Finding Forrester.

what is the question asking me to do? i understand how it extends freedom but i don't understand the how it says limits.

mawdcy

HSC
Hey everyone,
I have a few practice essays due soon and i can't get my head around this question.

"the experience of moving into the world both limits and extends individual freedom.
discuss this view with reference to your prescribed text and ONE other related text of your own choosing."

my prescribed is Educating Rita and my related is the film Finding Forrester.

what is the question asking me to do? i understand how it extends freedom but i don't understand the how it says limits.
Hey, so for limits say how she attempts to assimilate to the higher class of society- individual freedom is limited because Rita loses her 'uniqueness' and transforms to be someone else, thus losing her individual freedom of opinion etc if that makes sense? not sure about your related though! good luck!
here are some quotes etc:

“bought the wrong type of wine, I didn’t know which was the right wine” is vindictive of her gradual loss of freedom of choice.
also the quote where she cant talk to the people she lives with anymore etc
discuss how she is stuck between the two worlds- its pretty much the negative consequences of transitioning between the two worlds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)